Old 03-10-2012, 12:01 AM
Joel Rees

Default openbox not fully logging out

I have openbox (from the F16 security live image via live USB install)
on a lenovo s100 and, sometime in the last couple of kernel updates,
it likes to hang up on logging out.

Switch to a virtual console and do a ps, and openbox is there's a
leftover process that won't die. I've been able to do telinit 2 and
then log back in and telinit 5 to bring it back, but the next time I
tried that without re-booting, it just hung. (Not sure what target I
would be specifying for systemctl

Not sure what to look for in /var/log.

--
Joel Rees

Old 03-10-2012, 10:38 PM
Joel Rees

Filed a bug on this, redhat bugzilla 80286

On Sat, Mar 10, 2012 at 10:01 AM, Joel Rees <joel.rees@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have openbox (from the F16 security live image via live USB install)
> on a lenovo s100 and, sometime in the last couple of kernel updates,
> it likes to hang up on logging out.
>
> Switch to a virtual console and do a ps, and openbox is there's a
> leftover process that won't die. *I've been able to do telinit 2 and
> then log back in and telinit 5 to bring it back, but the next time I
> tried that without re-booting, it just hung. (Not sure what target I
> would be specifying for systemctl
>
> Not sure what to look for in /var/log.
>
> --
> Joel Rees

Joel Rees

Old 03-30-2012, 09:34 AM
Joel Rees

On Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 8:38 AM, Joel Rees <joel.rees@gmail.com> wrote:
> Filed a bug on this, redhat bugzilla 80286
>
> On Sat, Mar 10, 2012 at 10:01 AM, Joel Rees <joel.rees@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I have openbox (from the F16 security live image via live USB install)
>> on a lenovo s100 and, sometime in the last couple of kernel updates,
>> it likes to hang up on logging out.
>>
>> Switch to a virtual console and do a ps, and openbox is there's a
>> leftover process that won't die. *I've been able to do telinit 2 and
>> then log back in and telinit 5 to bring it back, but the next time I
>> tried that without re-booting, it just hung. (Not sure what target I
>> would be specifying for systemctl
>>
>> Not sure what to look for in /var/log.

Okay, at a suggestion concerning issues with Libreoffice, I decided to
SWAG and re-install LXDE.

yum group erase LXDE
you group install LXDE

It now logs out okay.

I also (group) installed XFCE on a whim, so I am not sure whether that
might have something to do with it. (Silly me.)

--
Joel Rees

Old 03-30-2012, 09:52 AM
Joel Rees

Erk. Za Bog Numer. Ji baggu no bango.

On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 6:34 PM, Joel Rees <joel.rees@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 8:38 AM, Joel Rees <joel.rees@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Filed a bug on this, redhat bugzilla 80286

Make that bugzilla 802086.