Old 04-07-2008, 05:04 PM
Bill Davidsen

Default Firefox Emulating Explorer on Internet

Tom Horsley wrote:

Indeed. For that, you will need this:

http://www.tatanka.com.br/ies4linux/page/Main_Page

I should give it a try - so far, I have never once gotten
any even slightly nontrivial application to work
correctly under wine, but maybe wine has improved
since I last tried...

Well, I've tried it, and it may be a little better than I
remember, but not much :-). I told it to install flash,
but flash content doesn't seem to work anyway. If I
scroll the page up and down, all the images that went on and
off the screen during the scrolling wind up looking like they
have been run through a shredder. And when I exited, it
was apparently still running, so I had to kill -9 it, then
wineserver went to 100% and I had to kill -9 it as well.
I don't think I'll be doing a lot of IE browsing :-).

Flash works in Seamonkey, and last time I tried in Firefox as well. You
can just change the ident string from about:config, or use an add-on (I
avoid, since nothing is as free of bugs as code I don't install).

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>