Old 03-01-2012, 11:59 AM
Patrick Lists

Default During boot keyboard not working for passphrase

Hi all,

On a box with F16 x86_64 I have two disks in RAID1 (Linux software raid)
and an encrypted root and swap partition. The box has a wireless
Logitech K520 USB keyboard.

In the past this worked fine: I boot the box, select a kernel if
required, the kernel boots, when asked I enter the passphrase with the
wireless USB keyboard and F16 boots fine into GNOME and I can enter my
login password fine with the wireless USB keyboard.

Now not so good: I boot the box, I can use the wireless USB keyboard to
select a kernel, the kernel boots, I get asked for the passphrase, my
wireless USB keyboard no longer works, I attach a wired USB keyboard,
enter the passphrase and then F16 boots fine. Once I get to the GNOME
login screen I can use the wireless USB keyboard fine again.

So during boot my wireless USB keyboard stops working. This happens with
all currently installed kernels: 3.2.3, 3.2.5 and 3.2.6. The wireless
USB keyboard used to work fine when asked for the passphrase.

Anyone have a suggestion how I can fix this?

Thanks!
Patrick

Old 03-01-2012, 06:35 PM
Rick Stevens

[...]

Check the boot ramdisk to make sure the wireless keyboard driver is
included. Not sure which "hid" driver it'd be, but I'd check. In my
case it's "hidp" (I use a bluetooth keyboard).

Old 03-02-2012, 01:04 AM
Patrick Lists

Hi Rick,

So during boot my wireless USB keyboard stops working. This happens with
all currently installed kernels: 3.2.3, 3.2.5 and 3.2.6. The wireless
USB keyboard used to work fine when asked for the passphrase.

Anyone have a suggestion how I can fix this?

Check the boot ramdisk to make sure the wireless keyboard driver is
included. Not sure which "hid" driver it'd be, but I'd check. In my
case it's "hidp" (I use a bluetooth keyboard).

Thanks for the tip! Now off to Google to figure this out.

Regards,
Patrick