Old 04-04-2008, 05:28 AM
"dave slaughter"

Default 2 Wallpaper trials for F9 (have to send in 2 parts)

Ok, I* have made 2 wallpapers, one using Andy's SVG, and one without,
using that idea of a wave like look. These are just rough workups, not
complete works, just something to give you an idea of what I was
thinking in going with Andy's idea. Please give me input on your
thoughts, and what could be changed or fixed.

This also gives you an idea of what I can do in a short amount of time.

Old 04-04-2008, 05:30 AM
"dave slaughter"

Here is the 2nd wall

Old 04-04-2008, 10:24 AM
Nicu Buculei

Sorry people, my fault! I saw those messages on moderation and misread
the number of digits and approved them.

Read below...

dave slaughter wrote:
Ok, I have made 2 wallpapers, one using Andy's SVG, and one without,
using that idea of a wave like look. These are just rough workups, not
complete works, just something to give you an idea of what I was
thinking in going with Andy's idea. Please give me input on your
thoughts, and what could be changed or fixed.

There are two big no-go:
- do not use text ("NINE") in the wallpaper, Fedora is a distribution
used worldwide and the PNGs are not translatable;
- we try to discourage the use of the logo in wallpapers to make the
life easier for derivative distros.

As a personal taste, I would like a less saturated blue, such a bright
color distracts my attention and is tiresome after long use of the desktop.

This also gives you an idea of what I can do in a short amount of time.

I send attachment too to the list, but please take care of the file
size, you don't have to send a preview at 1600x1200px, a resized version
is just as good to get an idea about it. Or a link is just as good (or
better).

If you don't have where to host files, consider using
http://fedorapeople.org/ (now, as you are approved as a member of the
"Art" group, you are allowed to use it).

Old 04-04-2008, 12:02 PM
Mark

2008/4/4, dave slaughter <slaughter.dave@gmail.com>:
> Here is the 2nd wall

This one without the logo and a little more in the mac style would be nice ^_^

The first wallpaper has some nice things but i wouldn't use it as a
wallpaper. more like a CD/DVD cover

Old 04-04-2008, 06:24 PM
"Anuja KR"

Hi
fedora 9 wall paper 2. is looking good than the wall paper 1. but the fedora logo is not visible, I think bright white lettering may look emphatic. Second point is the blue shade is not the usual blue shade used in Fedora wall papers/ backgrounds.

anuja

Old 04-04-2008, 06:29 PM
Máirín Duffy

Hi Dave,

dave slaughter wrote:
Ok, I have made 2 wallpapers, one using Andy's SVG, and one without,
using that idea of a wave like look. These are just rough workups, not
complete works, just something to give you an idea of what I was
thinking in going with Andy's idea. Please give me input on your
thoughts, and what could be changed or fixed.

As I said earlier (if anyone disagrees please speak up, maybe I am alone
in this) I think it's far too late in the F9 process to start changing
the graphics - we've already completed all of the core graphics for F9
and had them checked into rawhide. This week was the devel freeze for F9
IIRC and it will already be a scramble to get revisions into what we
have in as we get feedback on it. To bring a new idea/concept into what
we already have I think is too disruptive at this point in the release
process, but refinements on the current designs are certainly welcomed.

And of course mockups for F10 at this point are very much appreciated!

~m