Old 03-01-2012, 07:26 AM
Joachim Backes

Default Password request after resuming from suspend/hibernation

Hi,

If I resume from suspend on my desktop box I'm asked for the login
password. But after resuming from hibernation, no password is requested.

Questions:

1. why this difference?
2. is it possible to adapt these two cases?

Kind regards

http://www.rhrk.uni-kl.de/~backes

Old 03-01-2012, 07:30 PM

On Thu, Mar 01, 2012 at 09:26:58AM +0100, Joachim Backes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If I resume from suspend on my desktop box I'm asked for the login
> password. But after resuming from hibernation, no password is requested.
>
> Questions:
>
> 1. why this difference?
> 2. is it possible to adapt these two cases?
>
> Kind regards
>
> --
> Joachim Backes <joachim.backes@rhrk.uni-kl.de>
>
> http://www.rhrk.uni-kl.de/~backes

I'm not in my Fedora Box at the moment, but IIRC, there is a setting under
Power management configuration for that.

Terry

Old 03-07-2012, 02:46 AM
Zind

If I resume from suspend on my desktop box I'm asked for the login

password. But after resuming from hibernation, no password is requested.
Well, it's the same with Ubuntu 11.10, and maybe many other Linux OS too. :-)If you require password input after resuming from hibernation, you can simply press Ctrl+Alt+L to lock the screen, then hibernate.