Old 02-29-2012, 02:49 PM
stan

Default xfce and slow workspace switching; how to fix?

I've been using the Gnome fallback mode in F15 x86_64; old hardware and
preference. However it seems to not agree with my crt monitor, and has
been lately causing the monitor to go blank on context switches between
console and X. The only solution has been to turn it off and wait for
a while. I thought it was hardware failure, but I've been testing
xfce and it doesn't seem to cause this problem. But the switch between
workspaces is taking 5 to 10 seconds in some cases, and never less than
2 to 3 seconds. In Gnome fallback, switches of workspace are basically
instantaneous. Since I use workspaces to group and organize usage, the
slow switch is a real annoyance. I have found no web noise about this
problem, so I assume is is only me and there is some setting that is
causing this. But I can't find anything. Does anyone have a suggestion
of what might be causing this slow workspace switching in xfce and how
to fix it?