FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 02-29-2012, 08:48 AM
Tim Waugh
 
Default Portreserve on F16

On Wed, 2012-02-29 at 08:17 +0100, Heinz Diehl wrote:
> since portreserve is constantly failing on my F16 systems, and based upon older
> and newer discussions on this topic, I wonder if it's still needed?!

What do you mean by "failing"? Are you getting an error message?

Portreserve is still required for a couple of services (spamassassin,
krb5-server) in Fedora 16.

Tim.
*/

--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
Have a question? Ask away: http://ask.fedoraproject.org
 
Old 02-29-2012, 06:43 PM
Heinz Diehl
 
Default Portreserve on F16

On 29.02.2012, Tim Waugh wrote:

Feb 29 20:36:43 wildsau systemd[1]: portreserve.service: main process
exited, code=exited, status=1
Feb 29 20:36:43 wildsau systemd[1]: Unit portreserve.service entered
failed state.

> What do you mean by "failing"? Are you getting an error message?

Yes, of course. But all I get in the logs is

Feb 29 20:36:43 wildsau systemd[1]: portreserve.service: main process
exited, code=exited, status=1
Feb 29 20:36:43 wildsau systemd[1]: Unit portreserve.service entered
failed state.

"systemctl status portreserve.service" says:

portreserve.service - Port reservation utility
Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/portreserve.service; disabled)
Active: failed since Wed, 29 Feb 2012 20:36:43 +0100; 2s ago
Process: 27823 ExecStart=/sbin/portreserve (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
Main PID: 27824 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
CGroup: name=systemd:/system/portreserve.service

> Portreserve is still required for a couple of services (spamassassin,
> krb5-server) in Fedora 16.

I don't use either...

--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
Have a question? Ask away: http://ask.fedoraproject.org
 
Old 03-01-2012, 11:15 AM
Tim Waugh
 
Default Portreserve on F16

On Wed, 2012-02-29 at 20:43 +0100, Heinz Diehl wrote:
> "systemctl status portreserve.service" says:
>
> portreserve.service - Port reservation utility
> Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/portreserve.service; disabled)
> Active: failed since Wed, 29 Feb 2012 20:36:43 +0100; 2s ago
> Process: 27823 ExecStart=/sbin/portreserve (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
> Main PID: 27824 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
> CGroup: name=systemd:/system/portreserve.service

Sounds like there might be stale configuration files
in /etc/portreserve/ then -- perhaps a bind() failure because systemd
already has the port.

> I don't use either...

You can just remove it then.

Tim.
*/


--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
Have a question? Ask away: http://ask.fedoraproject.org
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 12:01 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org