Old 02-28-2012, 09:39 PM
Andre Robatino

Default when "yum distro-sync" downgrades a package, it says "Installing", not "Downgrading"

When yum distro-sync updates some packages and downgrades others, during the
transaction it says "Updating :" for the updated packages, but "Installing :"
for the downgraded ones. Is there a reason for that? I would only expect to see
"Installing :" for a newly installed package.

(I considered posting this on the test list, since distro-sync is more commonly
used there, but it's not exclusive to test releases.)

Old 02-28-2012, 11:39 PM
Rahul Sundaram

On 02/29/2012 04:09 AM, Andre Robatino wrote:
> When yum distro-sync updates some packages and downgrades others, during the
> transaction it says "Updating :" for the updated packages, but "Installing :"
> for the downgraded ones. Is there a reason for that? I would only expect to see
> "Installing :" for a newly installed package.
>
> (I considered posting this on the test list, since distro-sync is more commonly
> used there, but it's not exclusive to test releases.)

Probably just a cosmetic thing because technically a downgrade is just
removal and installation of the older version as a new package. File a
bug report.

Rahul