Old 02-28-2012, 04:43 PM
Mihamina Rakotomandimby

Default F16 64, read multimedia format: RPMFusion & Livna / FedoraUnity

Hi all,

In order to be able to play mp3, DivX, Wmv,... I searched and found
http://fedoraunity.org/solved/post-install-solutions/yum-config/

So:

rpm -Uvh http://rpm.livna.org/livna-release.rpm
rpm -Uvh
http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/rpmfusion-free-release-stable.noarch.rpm
rpm -Uvh
http://download1.rpmfusion.org/nonfree/fedora/rpmfusion-nonfree-release-stable.noarch.rpm

I was on a hurry, so I just made it, but:
- Is FedoraUnity a famous source of information for Fedora?
- Are RPMFusion and Livna good enough 3rd party rpm providers?
I'm not up to date yet about all Fedora tips and tricks...

Thanks for your help.

--
RMA.

Old 02-28-2012, 05:22 PM
suvayu ali

On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 18:43, Mihamina Rakotomandimby
<mihamina@rktmb.org> wrote:
> I was on a hurry, so I just made it, but:
> - Is FedoraUnity a famous source of information for Fedora?
> - Are RPMFusion and Livna good enough 3rd party rpm providers?
> I'm not up to date yet about all Fedora tips and tricks...

Yes to all your questions, although I should add livna is not
maintained anymore. And the single package on livna (libdvdcss) is
available from Remi's repo: <http://rpms.famillecollet.com/>.

In the past I have used firefox builds from this repo without any problems.

Welcome to Fedora and GL.

--
Suvayu