Old 02-27-2012, 09:57 PM
don fisher

Default system-config-network makes alias for my network name

What is the reason that system-config-network adds an alias to my
network names whenever I load it? I become tired of deleting them. I
thus try to avoid the tool whenever I can. Can I tell it via some config
file to leave things alone? It assigns the alias when it starts up, so I
think I have no option if I wish to use the tool.