-   -   system-config-network makes alias for my network name (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/638306-system-config-network-makes-alias-my-network-name.html)

don fisher 02-27-2012 09:57 PM

system-config-network makes alias for my network name

What is the reason that system-config-network adds an alias to my
network names whenever I load it? I become tired of deleting them. I
thus try to avoid the tool whenever I can. Can I tell it via some config
file to leave things alone? It assigns the alias when it starts up, so I
think I have no option if I wish to use the tool.