Old 04-04-2008, 03:17 AM
Eric Mesa

Default please help me get rid of compiz

Old 04-04-2008, 04:58 AM
Jose Celestino

Words by Eric Mesa [Thu, Apr 03, 2008 at 11:17:09PM -0400]:
> I'm going nuts trying to keep compiz from running every time I launch
> Gnome, KDE or XFCE. In Gnome, enable desktop effects is NOT set as
> enabled. However in Gnome Compiz Preferences "Enable GL Desktop" is
> checked. If I uncheck it, compiz is turned off for this session. If I
> log out and log back in, it's checked again! I tried uninstalling all
> of the compiz-related RPMs and then Gnome refused to go back to using
> Metacity. I don't want it coming on all the time. I don't want it
> coming on automatically in KDE and I ESPECIALLY don't want it coming on
> in XFCE. If I'm using XFCE it means I want a low impact desktop.
>
> Yet not matter what I do, I'm not the master of my desktop. This is
> annoying the heck out of me. And when I go into gconf-editor and go to
> apps->gnome-session-rh for window_manager it says metacity, not compiz!

On gconf-editor disable

apps->metacity->general->compositing_manager

--
Jose Celestino

Old 04-05-2008, 04:40 AM
Eric Mesa

Old 04-11-2008, 12:51 AM
Beartooth

On Sat, 05 Apr 2008 00:40:14 -0400, Eric Mesa wrote:

> It's already disabled. something is starting it post loading into the
> WM, that's why it's loading in KDE and XFCE which do not depend on
> gconf.... - --

what I do is run pirut, and uninstall it.

Fedora 8; Alpine 0.99999, Pan 0.132; Privoxy 3.0.6;
Dillo 0.8.6, Galeon 2.0.3, Epiphany 2.20, Opera 9.24, Firefox 2.0