Old 04-04-2008, 02:05 AM
"Patrick O'Callaghan"

Default Metadata file does not match checksum

I occasionally get this kind of thing:

# yum upgrade
primary.sqlite.bz2 100% |=========================| 2.0 MB 00:20
http://mirror.unl.edu/fedora/linux/updates/8/i386/repodata/primary.sqlite.bz2: [Errno -1] Metadata file does not match checksum
Trying other mirror.
primary.sqlite.bz2 100% |=========================| 2.0 MB 00:21
http://mirror.cogentco.com/pub/linux/fedora/linux/updates/8/i386/repodata/primary.sqlite.bz2: [Errno -1] Metadata file does not match checksum
Trying other mirror.
primary.sqlite.bz2 100% |=========================| 2.0 MB 00:21
http://ftp.usf.edu/pub/fedora/linux/updates/8/i386/repodata/primary.sqlite.bz2: [Errno -1] Metadata file does not match checksum
Trying other mirror.
primary.sqlite.bz2 100% |=========================| 16 kB 00:00
etc.

Is this a problem with the repo source or can I clear it by cleaning
some local cache info?

poc

Old 04-04-2008, 06:02 AM
Tim

On Thu, 2008-04-03 at 21:35 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> Is this a problem with the repo source

Mirrors out of sync, mirrors not finished updating themselves, etc.
It's quite a common thing to see.

> can I clear it by cleaning some local cache info?

yum clean metadata

It'll flush out the thing it's choking on, without dumping other cached
yum stuff that usually isn't part of that problem, and may be useful to
hang on to (downloaded packages and headers, that you might end up
having to re-download).

important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.

Old 04-04-2008, 01:28 PM
"Patrick O'Callaghan"

Never mind. It fixed itself. Thanks anyway.

poc