Old 02-26-2012, 07:47 AM
Joel Rees

Default unusable encrypted volume on a live USB

This was my second try at a live USB, and I decided to experiment with
an encrypted volume for /home. Used a bunch of leetsp3@k substitutions
without thinking about the keyboard, so I can't mount the partition on
boot. So, I'm wondering how hard it would be to reclaim the part of
the flash disk being used for the encrypted volume, or whether it
might just be easier to wipe the live image and start over.

Can someone point me to the stuff the live images use to put encrypted
volumes on these FAT disks? I tend to get lost in all the interesting
side paths when I dig into the wiki without guidance.

--
Joel Rees