Old 04-03-2008, 11:48 PM
"Heitor Moraes"

Default Fedora Repositories

I have updates and livna enabled.

To install madwifi on my MacBook Pro I'm using "--enablerepo=livna-testing".

You could use "--enablerepo" as solution, instead of enable too many repos.

Old 04-04-2008, 05:59 AM
Tim

On Thu, 2008-04-03 at 19:25 -0400, Osama Mahdi wrote:

> which repositories should I enable please ? because I enabled many of
> them and I am facing some problems with that, so now I need to know the
> default ones.

For what? Just ordinary use of the computer, as it was originally
installed? For use with additional repos for extra software? Are you
compiling software and need development repos? Are you testing out the
absolute latest versions of packages, and want testing repos?

Ordinary users want the fedora and fedora-updates enabled, and the
development and testing repos disabled. More adventurous users might be
using the development and/or testing repos.

If you need to get drivers for NVidia or ATI cards, then you might be
using Livna *or* ATrpms repos. One or the other, not both, unless
you're really good at untangling messes. Again, unless you're very
adventurous, you wouldn't want any testing or development repos
associated with either of them.

If you want Macromedia Flash, you might have the Adobe repo.

Those are the few more common ones that I can think of, just off the top
of my head.

important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.

Old 04-04-2008, 08:04 PM
Phil Meyer

Osama Mahdi wrote:

Hi Guys,

which repositories should I enable please ? because I enabled many of
them and I am facing some problems with that, so now I need to know
the default ones.

Thanks

This a religious issue that can only be resolved in the following procedure:

Stand facing due North.
Lift your left foot as high as you can.
Jump and spin using only your flailing arms for momentum.

IF:

You landed without falling, you can add the livna repository.
You landed at more than 20 degrees off true North, you can add atrpms,
but not livna.
You landed at more than 50 degrees off true North you can add dries and
freshrpms.
You made more than 90 degrees but fell, you can alternate between livna
and atrpms, but never at the same time.
You made more than 90 degrees and landed, you are obligated to become a
package maintainer at livna.

Old 04-04-2008, 08:14 PM
Jonathan Roberts

On Fri, 2008-04-04 at 14:04 -0600, Phil Meyer wrote:
> Osama Mahdi wrote:
> > Hi Guys,
> >
> > which repositories should I enable please ? because I enabled many of
> > them and I am facing some problems with that, so now I need to know
> > the default ones.

The default repositories are 'fedora' and 'updates' I believe, I hope
this helps

Jon

Old 04-05-2008, 12:04 AM
Tim

On Fri, 2008-04-04 at 14:04 -0600, Phil Meyer wrote:
> This a religious issue that can only be resolved in the following
> procedure:
>
> Stand facing due North.
> Lift your left foot as high as you can.
> Jump and spin using only your flailing arms for momentum.

Hahahah... Best answer I've seen for a long time.