Old 02-24-2012, 05:09 PM
TANGUY Eric

Default Graphic boot

How to have a graphic boot with rpmfusion nvidia driver and now grub2 ?
Thanks
Eric

Old 02-24-2012, 05:24 PM
"Darryl L. Pierce"

On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 07:09:18PM +0100, TANGUY Eric wrote:
> How to have a graphic boot with rpmfusion nvidia driver and now grub2 ?

The graphical boot uses the video drivers in the initrd, not the one on
the physical file system. You would need to create a new initrd for each
kernel upgrade that uses the nVidia drivers.

Delivering value year after year.
http://www.redhat.com/promo/vendor/

Old 02-24-2012, 08:04 PM
Kevin Martin

How to have a graphic boot with rpmfusion nvidia driver and now grub2 ?

The graphical boot uses the video drivers in the initrd, not the one on
the physical file system. You would need to create a new initrd for each
kernel upgrade that uses the nVidia drivers.

Just out of curiosity, what *are* the video drivers in the initrd
image file?* They *always* seem to work and they seem to display
correctly.* Is there any reason *not* to use those same drivers as
your X video drivers?

Thanks.

Kevin

Old 02-24-2012, 08:14 PM
"Darryl L. Pierce"

On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 03:04:18PM -0600, Kevin Martin wrote:
> Just out of curiosity, what *are* the video drivers in the initrd image file? They *always* seem to work and they seem to display
> correctly. Is there any reason *not* to use those same drivers as your X video drivers?

The problem for the OP is that he's using a driver that's not compiled
with the kernel but is instead from a separate source. The ones used
during startup are those that are built along with the kernel.

Old 02-24-2012, 08:21 PM
Kevin Martin

Just out of curiosity, what *are* the video drivers in the initrd image file? They *always* seem to work and they seem to display
correctly. Is there any reason *not* to use those same drivers as your X video drivers?

The problem for the OP is that he's using a driver that's not compiled
with the kernel but is instead from a separate source. The ones used
during startup are those that are built along with the kernel.

Ah, I see.* Thanks

Kevin

Old 02-25-2012, 06:49 AM
TANGUY Eric