FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 02-24-2012, 04:50 PM
Sergio Belkin
 
Default Slideshow creator

Hi,
I'm looking for an app able to create a slideshow using images files
(photos). I've tried with Imagination and ffDiaporama, but they lack
the ability of sorting images by date. It's a pain because, images are
imported and it's difficult sort them. Does anyone know an app with
gui that has such a ability?

Thanks in advance!

--
--
Sergio Belkin *http://www.sergiobelkin.com
Watch More TV http://sebelk.blogspot.com
LPIC-2 Certified - http://www.lpi.org
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
Have a question? Ask away: http://ask.fedoraproject.org
 
Old 02-24-2012, 05:12 PM
Richard Shaw
 
Default Slideshow creator

On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 11:50 AM, Sergio Belkin <sebelk@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm looking for an app able to create a slideshow using images *files
> (photos). I've tried with Imagination and ffDiaporama, but they lack
> the ability of sorting images by date. It's a pain because, images are
> imported and it's difficult sort them. Does anyone know an app with
> gui that has such a ability?
>
> Thanks in advance!

I think this is possible with imagination (DISCLAIMER: I'm the packager for it).

You just need to sort your pictures by date in the file chooser window
when you do the import.

I tried this with a small number of pictures and it seemed to work.

Richard
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
Have a question? Ask away: http://ask.fedoraproject.org
 
Old 02-24-2012, 06:04 PM
Sergio Belkin
 
Default Slideshow creator

2012/2/24 Richard Shaw <hobbes1069@gmail.com>:
> On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 11:50 AM, Sergio Belkin <sebelk@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I'm looking for an app able to create a slideshow using images *files
>> (photos). I've tried with Imagination and ffDiaporama, but they lack
>> the ability of sorting images by date. It's a pain because, images are
>> imported and it's difficult sort them. Does anyone know an app with
>> gui that has such a ability?
>>
>> Thanks in advance!
>
> I think this is possible with imagination (DISCLAIMER: I'm the packager for it).
>
> You just need to sort your pictures by date in the file chooser window
> when you do the import.
>
> I tried this with a small number of pictures and it seemed to work.
>
> Richard
> --

Thanks! You're right. I love Imagination because it's really easy and useful!
I've written a little review in spanish some time ago



--
--
Sergio Belkin *http://www.sergiobelkin.com
Watch More TV http://sebelk.blogspot.com
LPIC-2 Certified - http://www.lpi.org
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
Have a question? Ask away: http://ask.fedoraproject.org
 
Old 02-24-2012, 06:36 PM
Sergio Belkin
 
Default Slideshow creator

2012/2/24 Sergio Belkin <sebelk@gmail.com>:
> 2012/2/24 Richard Shaw <hobbes1069@gmail.com>:
>> On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 11:50 AM, Sergio Belkin <sebelk@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> I'm looking for an app able to create a slideshow using images *files
>>> (photos). I've tried with Imagination and ffDiaporama, but they lack
>>> the ability of sorting images by date. It's a pain because, images are
>>> imported and it's difficult sort them. Does anyone know an app with
>>> gui that has such a ability?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance!
>>
>> I think this is possible with imagination (DISCLAIMER: I'm the packager for it).
>>
>> You just need to sort your pictures by date in the file chooser window
>> when you do the import.
>>
>> I tried this with a small number of pictures and it seemed to work.
>>
>> Richard
>> --
>
> Thanks! You're right. I love Imagination because it's really easy and useful!
> I've written a little review in spanish some time ago
>
>
>

It could be nice that has the feature making a loop on the audio file
when it's too short or fading when it's too large...



--
--
Sergio Belkin *http://www.sergiobelkin.com
Watch More TV http://sebelk.blogspot.com
LPIC-2 Certified - http://www.lpi.org
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
Have a question? Ask away: http://ask.fedoraproject.org
 
Old 02-24-2012, 06:45 PM
Richard Shaw
 
Default Slideshow creator

On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 1:36 PM, Sergio Belkin <sebelk@gmail.com> wrote:
> It could be nice that has the feature making a loop on the audio file
> when it's too short or fading when it's too large...

Well, I think the next version is supposed to fade out the music if
it's too long so perhaps it will also have that option. Either way I
would email the author to see if he's interested in implementing the
feature. Of course you could always figure out the length of your
slide show and then use something like Audacity to loop the audio
yourself and apply any other audio effects you want.

Richard
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
Have a question? Ask away: http://ask.fedoraproject.org
 
Old 02-25-2012, 01:07 AM
nomnex
 
Default Slideshow creator

> On Fri, 24 Feb 2012 12:12:52 -0600
> Richard Shaw <hobbes1069@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I think this is possible with imagination (DISCLAIMER: I'm the
> packager for it).

Hello, I am interested too.

From the FAQ
- Why playing mp3 files on Fedora doesn't work?
Because Fedora supplies sox without support for mp3 (legal
reasons). You'll need to build sox with mp3 support if you wish to
preview mp3 files on Fedora.

There's a thread how to rebuild SoX
http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=250465

There is a RPM fusion package, but only in rawhide devel:
https://bugzilla.rpmfusion.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1702
http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/development/source/SRPMS/repoview/letter_i.group.html

I read your name on the bugzilla report. Do you have the info when
(if) a binary for F15 will be available anytime soon?

Thank you.
--
nomnex <nomnex@gmail.com>
Freenode: nomnex
Registered Linux user #505281. Be counted at: http://linuxcounter.net
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
Have a question? Ask away: http://ask.fedoraproject.org
 
Old 02-25-2012, 01:48 PM
Richard Shaw
 
Default Slideshow creator

On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 8:07 PM, nomnex <nomnex@gmail.com> wrote:
> I read your name on the bugzilla report. Do you have the info when
> (if) a binary for F15 will be available anytime soon?

Not sure yet. I'm looking into what's necessary to create a companion
package at RPM Fusion since we have a policy against duplicating
packages that already exist in Fedora.

Richard
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
Have a question? Ask away: http://ask.fedoraproject.org
 
Old 02-25-2012, 05:11 PM
"T.C. Hollingsworth"
 
Default Slideshow creator

On Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 7:48 AM, Richard Shaw <hobbes1069@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 8:07 PM, nomnex <nomnex@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I read your name on the bugzilla report. Do you have the info when
>> (if) a binary for F15 will be available anytime soon?
>
> Not sure yet. I'm looking into what's necessary to create a companion
> package at RPM Fusion since we have a policy against duplicating
> packages that already exist in Fedora.

If you can't split it out into a plugin, shipping an uncrippled
"imagination-freeworld" package in RPMFusion should be okay. That's
what audacity and several other packages have to do.

-T.C.
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
Have a question? Ask away: http://ask.fedoraproject.org
 
Old 02-26-2012, 07:05 PM
Richard Shaw
 
Default Slideshow creator

On Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 12:11 PM, T.C. Hollingsworth
<tchollingsworth@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 7:48 AM, Richard Shaw <hobbes1069@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 8:07 PM, nomnex <nomnex@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I read your name on the bugzilla report. Do you have the info when
>>> (if) a binary for F15 will be available anytime soon?
>>
>> Not sure yet. I'm looking into what's necessary to create a companion
>> package at RPM Fusion since we have a policy against duplicating
>> packages that already exist in Fedora.
>
> If you can't split it out into a plugin, shipping an uncrippled
> "imagination-freeworld" package in RPMFusion should be okay. *That's
> what audacity and several other packages have to do.

The problem is not with imagination itself, but in sox which
imagination uses for audio. The version in Fedora is built with MP3
support disabled for obvious reasons. I've already created a
sox-freeworld package and tested it locally and it seems to work. I'm
working out the details now since I'm going to try and support AMB
(Adaptive Multi-Rate) audio as well but that will have to go in the
non-free repository in RPM Fusion.

I'll post a link to the review request(s) when they're ready.

Richard
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
Have a question? Ask away: http://ask.fedoraproject.org
 
Old 02-27-2012, 01:14 AM
nomnex
 
Default Slideshow creator

> On Sun, 26 Feb 2012 14:05:32 -0600
> Richard Shaw <hobbes1069@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> The problem is not with imagination itself, but in sox which
> imagination uses for audio. The version in Fedora is built with MP3
> support disabled for obvious reasons. I've already created a
> sox-freeworld package and tested it locally and it seems to work. I'm
> working out the details now since I'm going to try and support AMB
> (Adaptive Multi-Rate) audio as well but that will have to go in the
> non-free repository in RPM Fusion.
>
> I'll post a link to the review request(s) when they're ready.
>
> Richard

That's great, thanks.

--
nomnex <nomnex@gmail.com>
Freenode: nomnex
Registered Linux user #505281. Be counted at: http://linuxcounter.net
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
Have a question? Ask away: http://ask.fedoraproject.org
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 03:58 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org