Old 02-23-2012, 09:45 PM
Bob Goodwin

Default Scan does not work on either F-16 box -

On 23/02/12 17:24, Michael Schwendt wrote:

On Thu, 23 Feb 2012 17:13:23 -0500, BG (Bob) wrote:

[bobg@box6 ~]$ /var/log/message
bash: /var/log/message: No such file or directory

It's /var/log/messages sorry for the typo in my earlier reply.
Have you really not taken a look at that file before?

Ok, /var/log/messages most recent stuff but I tried xsane at 17:43:30
and nothing shows after the last line below:

Feb 23 17:37:41 box6 dbus-daemon[765]: dbus[765]: [system] Activating
service name='net.reactivated.Fprint' (using servicehelper)
Feb 23 17:37:41 box6 dbus[765]: [system] Activating service
name='net.reactivated.Fprint' (using servicehelper)

Feb 23 17:37:41 box6 dbus-daemon[765]: Launching FprintObject
Feb 23 17:37:41 box6 dbus-daemon[765]: dbus[765]: [system] Successfully
activated service 'net.reactivated.Fprint'
Feb 23 17:37:41 box6 dbus[765]: [system] Successfully activated service
'net.reactivated.Fprint'
Feb 23 17:37:41 box6 dbus-daemon[765]: ** Message: D-Bus service
launched with name: net.reactivated.Fprint

Feb 23 17:37:41 box6 dbus-daemon[765]: ** Message: entering main loop
Feb 23 17:38:12 box6 dbus-daemon[765]: ** Message: No devices in use, exit

Something here:

[bobg@box6 ~]$ rpm -qa *sane
xsane-0.998-4.fc16.x86_64

I guess that just shows that xsane is there?

rpm -qa *sane*

is the command I suggested. Alternatively: rpm -qa|grep sane

Sorry, I copy/pasted and didn't get the entire command -

[bobg@box6 ~]$ rpm -qa *sane*
libsane-hpaio-3.11.12-1.fc16.x86_64
sane-backends-drivers-cameras-1.0.22-8.fc16.x86_64
xsane-0.998-4.fc16.x86_64
sane-backends-libs-1.0.22-8.fc16.x86_64
xsane-common-0.998-4.fc16.x86_64
sane-backends-1.0.22-8.fc16.x86_64

Old 02-24-2012, 06:25 AM
Michael Schwendt

On Thu, 23 Feb 2012 17:45:46 -0500, BG (Bob) wrote:

> [bobg@box6 ~]$ rpm -qa *sane*
> libsane-hpaio-3.11.12-1.fc16.x86_64
> sane-backends-drivers-cameras-1.0.22-8.fc16.x86_64
> xsane-0.998-4.fc16.x86_64
> sane-backends-libs-1.0.22-8.fc16.x86_64
> xsane-common-0.998-4.fc16.x86_64
> sane-backends-1.0.22-8.fc16.x86_64

yum -y install sane-backends-drivers-scanners

There's something in the package dependencies that doesn't look correct.
Since the split-off of the -cameras and -scanners subpackages, nothing
depends on these separate packages anymore. They are installed only for
the default GNOME Desktop Spin via the "comps" file.

--
Fedora release 16 (Verne) - Linux 3.2.7-1.fc16.x86_64
loadavg: 0.03 0.07 0.13

Old 02-24-2012, 09:33 AM
Bob Goodwin