how to re-init X for new monitor?
On Thu, 2008-04-03 at 11:25 -1000, Dave Burns wrote:
> I set up FC8 using one monitor, now want to put it in use with
> another. Only the upper left 75% of the new screen gets used. How do I
> tell fc8 or X, whichever, "there's a new screen, reinitialize
Here's one way:
1. CTRL+ALT+F1 to get to a command line interface without graphics.
2. Log in as root.
3. Run this command: system-config-display --reconfig
4. Configure your display as desired.
5. CTRL+ALT+F7 to go back to the graphical console.
6. CTRL+ALT+BACKSPACE to restart X.
(This computer runs FC7, my others run FC4, FC5 & FC6, in case that's
important to the thread.)
Don't send private replies to my address, the mailbox is ignored.
I read messages from the public lists.
fedora-list mailing list
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list