Old 04-03-2008, 08:42 PM
"Mikkel L. Ellertson"

Default how to get focus for my app at login screen.

Michal wrote:

Hallo Group Members.

I am using kde 3.5.8 on my fc6.

just when I get KDE login screen (where user puts its login/password),
I switch to text console, login as root, then: # export DISPLAY=:.0.0

then:
# kdialog --textbox "enter Your text: "

this appears on login screen, and that's what I expect.

But unfortunatelly I cannot get focus to enter some text. clicking on
mouse buttons works ok, but I cannot "activate" a line where text is
inserted, hence I cannot insert it.

I also run:
# fvwm2 &

beforehand, in hope that this is a lack of window manager problem, but
it didn't help.

have You got idea on how to do this.

regards,
Michal.

ps. to run application at login screen, I created /etc/X0.hosts, with
following contents:

localhost.localdomain

What are you trying to do? I suspect that you are using the wrong
method for what you are trying to do. One thing to keep in mind is
that the screen is controlled by the display manager (xdm, kdm, or
gdm.) I am somewhat suprised you were even able to get kdialog to
connect to the X server.

Mikkel

Old 04-04-2008, 06:21 AM
Michal

"Mikkel L. Ellertson" <mikkel@infinity-ltd.com> writes:

> What are you trying to do? I suspect that you are using the wrong
> method for what you are trying to do.
maybe.

I have encrypted filesystem, that is put to regular file. This regular
file resides in USB pendrive among other "plain" files. This
filesystem keeps home directory of my user. So I need to connect my
USB pendrive just before logging in. It must be done at fedora login
screen. Encryption program asks for password by displaying window with
line where I am prompted to put password to. That's why I need focus
on additional window that is displayed at login screen.

regards,
Michal

Old 04-04-2008, 02:13 PM
"Mikkel L. Ellertson"

Michal wrote:

"Mikkel L. Ellertson" <mikkel@infinity-ltd.com> writes:

What are you trying to do? I suspect that you are using the wrong
method for what you are trying to do.

maybe.

I have encrypted filesystem, that is put to regular file. This regular
file resides in USB pendrive among other "plain" files. This
filesystem keeps home directory of my user. So I need to connect my
USB pendrive just before logging in. It must be done at fedora login
screen. Encryption program asks for password by displaying window with
line where I am prompted to put password to. That's why I need focus
on additional window that is displayed at login screen.

regards,
Michal

I think you could put a script in /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.d to do
what you want.

Mikkel