Old 04-03-2008, 07:21 PM
Michal

Default how to get focus for my app at login screen.

Hallo Group Members.

I am using kde 3.5.8 on my fc6.

just when I get KDE login screen (where user puts its login/password),
I switch to text console, login as root, then: # export DISPLAY=:.0.0

then:
# kdialog --textbox "enter Your text: "

this appears on login screen, and that's what I expect.

But unfortunatelly I cannot get focus to enter some text. clicking on
mouse buttons works ok, but I cannot "activate" a line where text is
inserted, hence I cannot insert it.

I also run:
# fvwm2 &

beforehand, in hope that this is a lack of window manager problem, but
it didn't help.

have You got idea on how to do this.

regards,
Michal.

ps. to run application at login screen, I created /etc/X0.hosts, with
following contents:

localhost.localdomain