Old 02-21-2012, 01:31 PM
Timothy Murphy

Default Bizarre kernel messages

I've just started getting an apparently endless stream of messages
in /var/log/messages .
Does anyone else get these?
Who or waht is CRDA?
What is my World regulatory domain?

-------------------------------------
Feb 21 14:10:45 blanche kernel: [ 5252.059081] cfg80211: Calling CRDA to
update world regulatory domain
Feb 21 14:10:45 blanche kernel: [ 5252.065345] cfg80211: World regulatory
domain updated:
Feb 21 14:10:45 blanche kernel: [ 5252.065349] cfg80211: (start_freq -
end_freq @ bandwidth), (max_antenna_gain, max_eirp)
Feb 21 14:10:45 blanche kernel: [ 5252.065353] cfg80211: (2402000 KHz -
2472000 KHz @ 40000 KHz), (300 mBi, 2000 mBm)
Feb 21 14:10:45 blanche kernel: [ 5252.065357] cfg80211: (2457000 KHz -
2482000 KHz @ 20000 KHz), (300 mBi, 2000 mBm)
Feb 21 14:10:45 blanche kernel: [ 5252.065361] cfg80211: (2474000 KHz -
2494000 KHz @ 20000 KHz), (300 mBi, 2000 mBm)
Feb 21 14:10:45 blanche kernel: [ 5252.065364] cfg80211: (5170000 KHz -
5250000 KHz @ 40000 KHz), (300 mBi, 2000 mBm)
Feb 21 14:10:45 blanche kernel: [ 5252.065368] cfg80211: (5735000 KHz -
5835000 KHz @ 40000 KHz), (300 mBi, 2000 mBm)
Feb 21 14:10:45 blanche kernel: [ 5252.065384] cfg80211: Calling CRDA for
country: IE
Feb 21 14:10:45 blanche kernel: [ 5252.070151] cfg80211: Regulatory domain
changed to country: IE
Feb 21 14:10:45 blanche kernel: [ 5252.070155] cfg80211: (start_freq -
--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net

Old 02-21-2012, 01:37 PM
Tom Horsley

On Tue, 21 Feb 2012 14:31:34 +0000
Timothy Murphy wrote:

> I've just started getting an apparently endless stream of messages
> in /var/log/messages .

That happens to me when I plug in a USB wireless dongle.
Don't know why it would be an endless stream though.

Old 02-21-2012, 01:46 PM
Ian Chapman