Old 02-20-2012, 07:47 PM
Mike Wright

Default bootup stops here for 20+ seconds; why?

Hi all,

First off, I'm using the eol'd f14.

In order to build a Xen machine I rolled my own xen-4.1 and kernel 3.0.0
(at the time the fedora kernel didn't have dom0 support built-in).

I see that booting pauses at "registering tcp NFSv4.1...".

In dmesg is "[19.291388] RPC: Registered tcp NFSv4.1 backchannel
transport module." Next timestamp is 21 seconds later.

chkconfig --list (nfs|nfslock) both show all runlevels "off".

I'm still confused about nfs. If I'm not going to provide nfs are there
services that shouldn't be started?

Can anybody shed and share some light on this?

TIA,
Mike Wright

Old 02-20-2012, 10:16 PM
Mark LaPierre

In order to build a Xen machine I rolled my own xen-4.1 and kernel 3.0.0
(at the time the fedora kernel didn't have dom0 support built-in).

I see that booting pauses at "registering tcp NFSv4.1...".

In dmesg is "[19.291388] RPC: Registered tcp NFSv4.1 backchannel
transport module." Next timestamp is 21 seconds later.

chkconfig --list (nfs|nfslock) both show all runlevels "off".

I'm still confused about nfs. If I'm not going to provide nfs are there
services that shouldn't be started?

Can anybody shed and share some light on this?

TIA,
Mike Wright

If you are not using NFS then you shouldn't be starting the service.
Turn it off and then disable it so it won't get started again.

--
_
/(_)