Old 02-20-2012, 05:41 PM
Frank Murphy

Default Dracut unloadedunneeded modulesdrivers

This is some of what's in /etc/grub2.cfg

rd.md=0 rd.lvm=0 rd.dm=0 rd.luks=0 rd.plymouth=0

I can see grub going:
"disabling lvm, dmraid, mdraid"

Now if I want to add them to /etc/dracut.conf
# Dracut modules to omit
#omit_dracutmodules+=""

is it
omit_dracutmodules+="luks lvm dmraid mdraid plymouth"
or
omit_dracutmodules+="luks,lvm,dm,md,plymouth"

I hope will make for a lighter initramfs,
along with "hostonly"

Frank
"Jack of all, fubars"

Old 02-20-2012, 05:45 PM
Rick Stevens

This is some of what's in /etc/grub2.cfg

rd.md=0 rd.lvm=0 rd.dm=0 rd.luks=0 rd.plymouth=0

I can see grub going:
"disabling lvm, dmraid, mdraid"

Now if I want to add them to /etc/dracut.conf
# Dracut modules to omit
#omit_dracutmodules+=""

is it
omit_dracutmodules+="luks lvm dmraid mdraid plymouth"
or
omit_dracutmodules+="luks,lvm,dm,md,plymouth"

I hope will make for a lighter initramfs,
along with "hostonly"

From "man dracut.conf":

omit_dracutmodules+=" <dracut modules> "
Omit a space-separated list of dracut modules.

So your first choice is the correct one (space separated).

Old 02-20-2012, 05:48 PM
Frank Murphy

omit_dracutmodules+=" <dracut modules> "
Omit a space-separated list of dracut modules.

So your first choice is the correct one (space separated).

I missed that,
however would it be "dm" or "dmraid"

Frank
"Jack of all, fubars"