Old 02-18-2012, 05:36 PM
M A Young

Default Installing package kernel-3.2.6-3.fc16.x86_64 needs 9MB on the /boot filesystem

On Sat, 18 Feb 2012, Paul Smith wrote:

On Sat, Feb 18, 2012 at 4:48 PM, Paul Smith <phhs80@gmail.com> wrote:

Transaction Check Error:
* installing package kernel-3.2.6-3.fc16.x86_64 needs 9MB on the /boot
filesystem

# rpm -q kernel
kernel-3.1.0-7.fc16.x86_64
#

Let me add that I have just upgraded from F14 to F16.

Have a look in /boot and see what is using the space for example by
running du -ks /boot/*
If you have just upgraded there may be things left over from the update,
for example I think preupgrade puts a .img file there to use as part of
the upgrade.

Michael Young--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org

Old 02-18-2012, 07:16 PM
Paul Smith

On Sat, Feb 18, 2012 at 6:36 PM, M A Young <m.a.young@durham.ac.uk> wrote:

>>> # rpm -q kernel
>>> kernel-3.1.0-7.fc16.x86_64
>>> #
>>>

>> Let me add that I have just upgraded from F14 to F16.
>

> Have a look in /boot and see what is using the space for example by running
> du -ks /boot/*
> If you have just upgraded there may be things left over from the update, for
> example I think preupgrade puts a .img file there to use as part of the
> upgrade.

Thanks, Michael: the problem is now solved. Indeed, there were some
large files left inside /boot/upgrade. I removed them, and the problem
became solved.

Paul