Old 02-18-2012, 09:55 AM
les

Default Evolution error

It appears the automatic importation of the older evolution stuff still
has a bug or two. I wrote and sent the solved message, and it
apparently went out, but I received the following error message:

Your message was sent, but an error occurred during post-processing.

The reported error was "Failed to append to
mbox:///home/lesh/.local/share/evolution/mail/local#Sent: Invalid folder
URI 'mbox:///home/lesh/.local/share/evolution/mail/local#Sent'
Appending to local 'Sent' folder instead.".

Regards,
Les H

Old 02-18-2012, 01:59 PM
John Mellor

On Sat, 2012-02-18 at 02:55 -0800, les wrote:
> It appears the automatic importation of the older evolution stuff still
> has a bug or two. I wrote and sent the solved message, and it
> apparently went out, but I received the following error message:
>
> Your message was sent, but an error occurred during post-processing.
>
> The reported error was "Failed to append to
> mbox:///home/lesh/.local/share/evolution/mail/local#Sent: Invalid folder
> URI 'mbox:///home/lesh/.local/share/evolution/mail/local#Sent'
> Appending to local 'Sent' folder instead.".

This has a documented workaround:
Click on Edit -> Preferences
Then, for each mail account that you have (I have 3), click on it, and
select:
Edit -> Defaults tab
and change the Sent Messages Folder to the Sent folder instead of the
incorrect #Sent folder.

I do not know why a fix has not been pushed out for this, 6 months after
the bug showed up. It affects a huge number of people.

Old 02-18-2012, 05:51 PM
les

On Sat, 2012-02-18 at 09:59 -0500, John Mellor wrote:
> On Sat, 2012-02-18 at 02:55 -0800, les wrote:
> > It appears the automatic importation of the older evolution stuff still
> > has a bug or two. I wrote and sent the solved message, and it
> > apparently went out, but I received the following error message:
> >
> > Your message was sent, but an error occurred during post-processing.
> >
> > The reported error was "Failed to append to
> > mbox:///home/lesh/.local/share/evolution/mail/local#Sent: Invalid folder
> > URI 'mbox:///home/lesh/.local/share/evolution/mail/local#Sent'
> > Appending to local 'Sent' folder instead.".
>
> This has a documented workaround:
> Click on Edit -> Preferences
> Then, for each mail account that you have (I have 3), click on it, and
> select:
> Edit -> Defaults tab
> and change the Sent Messages Folder to the Sent folder instead of the
> incorrect #Sent folder.
>
> I do not know why a fix has not been pushed out for this, 6 months after
> the bug showed up. It affects a huge number of people.

Thanks, John,
I was quite tired when I discovered the error and didn't google it. I
appologize for not finding the issue, and appreciate your help.

Regards,
Les H