Old 02-17-2012, 12:48 PM
嘉谟

Default lv_home can't be mount at boot time

I met a problem when fedora booting.

can't mount /home !
And In Emergency mode the lv_home which was automaticly build when i
installed fedora was disappear in /dev/vg_yxy ,while
/dev/vg_yxy/lv_root was
there and mount correctly.

lvdisplay show lv_home is not available .

Hereis what i do to mount /home

1 lvchange -a y /dev/vg_yxy/lv_home
2 I found /dev/vg_yxy/lv_root ---> ../dm-1 and there is /dev/dm-2
so
ln -s /dev/dm-2 /dev/vg_yxy/lv_home
3 mount /home

yes it can be mounted . and the file is all ok.
there is two problem.

1 I can't ,move mouse and keyboard can't responsed
2 reboot . /home was mounted again .I should do the same thing!

I google it .found can write /etc/inittabe to do before lvm was
mounted. however fedora16 didn't use /etc/inittable

So What can i do now ? I'm not in linux so can't get the message from it.

Old 02-18-2012, 03:29 PM

I had the same problem but it was filesystem (nilfs2) related. For some reason kernel 3.2.x doesn't support nilfs2 filesystems (i only use for my home dir). yum install/update nilfs-tools doesn't help/change/fix the problem either.