FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 02-16-2012, 09:03 PM
Aaron Konstam
 
Default pdfedit for Fedora 16

On Thu, 2012-02-16 at 19:27 +0200, Cristian Sava wrote:
> > I have pdfedit on my F16 machine which comes from a rpm with the same
> > name.
> Where did you find it?
> I did not find one, I was forced to build it today.
>
> C. Sava
>
>

Well it just was there. When I ran yum whatprovides */pdfedit it told me
what rpm to install. What is strange it told me it came from a repo
@update/15
There is no repo on my machine with that name. It is indeed a F15 rpm.
-
================================================== =====================
The philosopher's treatment of a question is like the treatment of an
illness. -- Wittgenstein.
================================================== =====================
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam@sbcglobal.net

--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
Have a question? Ask away: http://ask.fedoraproject.org
 
Old 02-16-2012, 10:37 PM
Rahul Sundaram
 
Default pdfedit for Fedora 16

On 02/17/2012 03:33 AM, Aaron Konstam wrote:

> Well it just was there. When I ran yum whatprovides */pdfedit it told me
> what rpm to install. What is strange it told me it came from a repo
> @update/15
> There is no repo on my machine with that name. It is indeed a F15 rpm.

That's a Fedora 15 RPM and it came from the Fedora 15 updates
repository. If you upgraded to Fedora 16, there is nothing strange
going on.

Rahul
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
Have a question? Ask away: http://ask.fedoraproject.org
 
Old 02-16-2012, 10:38 PM
Rahul Sundaram
 
Default pdfedit for Fedora 16

On 02/16/2012 09:44 PM, Cristian Sava wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We needed pdfedit for Fedora 16 and is not avaiable anymore.
> It is present in Fedora <= 15
> It was easy to rebuild pdfedit-0.4.5-4.fc16.x86_64.rpm and it works
> well.
> So the question: why was it discontinued for Fedora users?

It was orphaned by the maintainer and noone else stepped up. Apparently
it has bugs and upstream is inactive.

Rahul
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
Have a question? Ask away: http://ask.fedoraproject.org
 
Old 02-17-2012, 07:59 AM
nathan
 
Default pdfedit for Fedora 16

On 02/17/2012 07:38 AM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:

On 02/16/2012 09:44 PM, Cristian Sava wrote:

Hi all,

We needed pdfedit for Fedora 16 and is not avaiable anymore.
It is present in Fedora<= 15
It was easy to rebuild pdfedit-0.4.5-4.fc16.x86_64.rpm and it works
well.
So the question: why was it discontinued for Fedora users?

It was orphaned by the maintainer and noone else stepped up. Apparently
it has bugs and upstream is inactive.

Rahul

I downloaded pdfedit pdfedit-0.4.5.tar.bz2 and try to build it by make.
after ./configure. I was informed
...............
checking for size_t... yes
checking whether struct tm is in sys/time.h or time.h... time.h
checking how to run the C preprocessor... gcc -E
checking if zlib is wanted... configure: error: libz not found
................
. I check the zlib with rpm -qa zlib, the system inform that
pdfedit-0.4.5.tar.bz2 exists.

who tell me why, and how to do?
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
Have a question? Ask away: http://ask.fedoraproject.org
 
Old 02-17-2012, 08:06 AM
FRank Murphy
 
Default pdfedit for Fedora 16

On 17/02/12 08:59, nathan wrote:


. I check the zlib with rpm -qa zlib, the system inform that
pdfedit-0.4.5.tar.bz2 exists.
who tell me why, and how to do?


yum --releasever=15 install pdfedit

--
Regards
Frank "Jack of all Fubars"
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
Have a question? Ask away: http://ask.fedoraproject.org
 
Old 02-17-2012, 11:29 AM
Patrick O'Callaghan
 
Default pdfedit for Fedora 16

On Fri, 2012-02-17 at 16:59 +0800, nathan wrote:
> On 02/17/2012 07:38 AM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> > On 02/16/2012 09:44 PM, Cristian Sava wrote:
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> We needed pdfedit for Fedora 16 and is not avaiable anymore.
> >> It is present in Fedora<= 15
> >> It was easy to rebuild pdfedit-0.4.5-4.fc16.x86_64.rpm and it works
> >> well.
> >> So the question: why was it discontinued for Fedora users?
> > It was orphaned by the maintainer and noone else stepped up. Apparently
> > it has bugs and upstream is inactive.
> >
> > Rahul
> I downloaded pdfedit pdfedit-0.4.5.tar.bz2 and try to build it by make.
> after ./configure. I was informed
> ...............
> checking for size_t... yes
> checking whether struct tm is in sys/time.h or time.h... time.h
> checking how to run the C preprocessor... gcc -E
> checking if zlib is wanted... configure: error: libz not found
> ................
> . I check the zlib with rpm -qa zlib, the system inform that
> pdfedit-0.4.5.tar.bz2 exists.
> who tell me why, and how to do?

You might need libz-devel (or whatever it's called).

poc

--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
Have a question? Ask away: http://ask.fedoraproject.org
 
Old 02-17-2012, 11:52 AM
Marcos Ortiz Valmaseda
 
Default pdfedit for Fedora 16

On 17/02/12 04:29, nathan wrote:

On 02/17/2012 07:38 AM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:

On 02/16/2012 09:44 PM, Cristian Sava wrote:

Hi all,

We needed pdfedit for Fedora 16 and is not avaiable anymore.
It is present in Fedora<= 15
It was easy to rebuild pdfedit-0.4.5-4.fc16.x86_64.rpm and it works
well.
So the question: why was it discontinued for Fedora users?

It was orphaned by the maintainer and noone else stepped up. Apparently
it has bugs and upstream is inactive.

Rahul

I downloaded pdfedit pdfedit-0.4.5.tar.bz2 and try to build it by make.
after ./configure. I was informed
...............
checking for size_t... yes
checking whether struct tm is in sys/time.h or time.h... time.h
checking how to run the C preprocessor... gcc -E
checking if zlib is wanted... configure: error: libz not found
................
. I check the zlib with rpm -qa zlib, the system inform that
pdfedit-0.4.5.tar.bz2 exists.

who tell me why, and how to do?
You must have in your system the devel packages for zlib if you want to
build the package:

$ yum search zlib-devel

Regards

--
Marcos Luis Ortíz Valmaseda
Sr. Software Engineer (UCI)
http://marcosluis2186.posterous.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/marcosluis2186
Twitter: @marcosluis2186




Fin a la injusticia, LIBERTAD AHORA A NUESTROS CINCO COMPATRIOTAS QUE SE ENCUENTRAN INJUSTAMENTE EN PRISIONES DE LOS EEUU!
http://www.antiterroristas.cu
http://justiciaparaloscinco.wordpress.com
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
Have a question? Ask away: http://ask.fedoraproject.org
 
Old 02-17-2012, 12:13 PM
Joachim Backes
 
Default pdfedit for Fedora 16

On 02/17/2012 01:29 PM, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> On Fri, 2012-02-17 at 16:59 +0800, nathan wrote:
>> On 02/17/2012 07:38 AM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>>> On 02/16/2012 09:44 PM, Cristian Sava wrote:
>>>> Hi all,
>>>>
>>>> We needed pdfedit for Fedora 16 and is not avaiable anymore.

sudo yum install pdfedit --releasever=15 runs in F16 too!

--
Joachim Backes <joachim.backes@rhrk.uni-kl.de>

http://www.rhrk.uni-kl.de/~backes

--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
Have a question? Ask away: http://ask.fedoraproject.org
 
Old 02-17-2012, 02:13 PM
Aaron Konstam
 
Default pdfedit for Fedora 16

On Fri, 2012-02-17 at 05:07 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> On 02/17/2012 03:33 AM, Aaron Konstam wrote:
>
> > Well it just was there. When I ran yum whatprovides */pdfedit it told me
> > what rpm to install. What is strange it told me it came from a repo
> > @update/15
> > There is no repo on my machine with that name. It is indeed a F15 rpm.
>
> That's a Fedora 15 RPM and it came from the Fedora 15 updates
> repository. If you upgraded to Fedora 16, there is nothing strange
> going on.
>
> Rahul

Except I did not update to F16 from F15. I installed fresh from the
installation DVD. So there is something strange going on.
--
================================================== =====================
If wishes were horses, then beggars would be thieves.
================================================== =====================
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam@sbcglobal.net

--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
Have a question? Ask away: http://ask.fedoraproject.org
 
Old 02-17-2012, 02:19 PM
Joe Zeff
 
Default pdfedit for Fedora 16

On 02/17/2012 07:13 AM, Aaron Konstam wrote:

Except I did not update to F16 from F15. I installed fresh from the
installation DVD. So there is something strange going on.


Not strange at all. It just means that there hasn't been an update
recently and whoever's responsible for the package didn't repackage it
for F16. Happens all the time.

--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
Have a question? Ask away: http://ask.fedoraproject.org
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 07:44 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org