Old 02-16-2012, 03:14 PM
Cristian Sava

Default pdfedit for Fedora 16

Hi all,

We needed pdfedit for Fedora 16 and is not avaiable anymore.
It is present in Fedora <= 15
It was easy to rebuild pdfedit-0.4.5-4.fc16.x86_64.rpm and it works
well.
So the question: why was it discontinued for Fedora users?

For those that need it here are the steps:

1 - get pdfedit-0.4.5-4.fc15.src.rpm
2 - extract from it
pdfedit-4.5.4.tar.bz2 pdfedit.spec and pdfedit.desktop
3 - follow the steps shown in
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_create_an_RPM_package#SPEC_example
and install the packages needed for building process

Good luck!

C. Sava

Old 02-16-2012, 03:17 PM
FRank Murphy

So the question: why was it discontinued for Fedora users?

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/acls/name/pdfedit#f16

--
Regards
Frank "Jack of all Fubars"

Old 02-16-2012, 04:19 PM
Aaron Konstam

On Thu, 2012-02-16 at 18:14 +0200, Cristian Sava wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We needed pdfedit for Fedora 16 and is not avaiable anymore.
> It is present in Fedora <= 15
> It was easy to rebuild pdfedit-0.4.5-4.fc16.x86_64.rpm and it works
> well.
> So the question: why was it discontinued for Fedora users?
>
> For those that need it here are the steps:
>
> 1 - get pdfedit-0.4.5-4.fc15.src.rpm
> 2 - extract from it
> pdfedit-4.5.4.tar.bz2 pdfedit.spec and pdfedit.desktop
> 3 - follow the steps shown in
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_create_an_RPM_package#SPEC_example
> and install the packages needed for building process
>
> Good luck!
>
> C. Sava

I have pdfedit on my F16 machine which comes from a rpm with the same
name.

Old 02-16-2012, 04:27 PM
Cristian Sava

> I have pdfedit on my F16 machine which comes from a rpm with the same
> name.
Where did you find it?
I did not find one, I was forced to build it today.

C. Sava