Old 04-03-2008, 11:37 AM
"Khemera Lin"

Default nf_conntrack

Dear All,

*

What is the difference between ip_conntrack and
nf_conntrack. I could set ip_conntrack in /etc/systcl.conf before but now I could
not. Then, I thought, maybe it was changed to nf_conntrack and I also tried to
set nf_conntrack, nf_conntrack_max in the file but it still did not work.

*

Could someone guide me to the use of nf_conntrack related
parameters? Or can I still set ip_conntrack somewhere?

*

Here is all I could find in /proc:

*

# ls /proc/net/nf_conntrack*

/proc/net/nf_conntrack* /proc/net/nf_conntrack_expect

*

Regards,

Khem

Old 04-03-2008, 12:22 PM
Thomas Woerner

Please have a look at /proc/sys/net/netfilter/

Thomas

--
Thomas Woerner
Software Engineer Phone: +49-711-96437-310

Old 04-04-2008, 03:32 AM

Thanks,

There are a lot of them:

-----------
[root]# ls /proc/sys/net/netfilter/
nf_conntrack_buckets
nf_conntrack_tcp_timeout_fin_wait
nf_conntrack_checksum
nf_conntrack_log_invalid
nf_conntrack_tcp_timeout_last_ack
nf_conntrack_count
nf_conntrack_max
nf_conntrack_tcp_timeout_max_retrans
nf_conntrack_expect_max
nf_conntrack_tcp_be_liberal
nf_conntrack_tcp_timeout_syn_recv
nf_conntrack_tcp_loose
nf_conntrack_tcp_timeout_syn_sent
nf_conntrack_tcp_max_retrans
nf_conntrack_tcp_timeout_time_wait
nf_conntrack_tcp_timeout_close
nf_conntrack_udp_timeout
nf_conntrack_generic_timeout
nf_conntrack_tcp_timeout_close_wait
nf_conntrack_udp_timeout_stream
nf_conntrack_icmp_timeout
nf_conntrack_tcp_timeout_established

Which ones of them can i set to eliminate this error i have:

"kernel: nf_conntrack: table full, dropping packet" ?

Please, a hint or pointer would be much appreciated? I'm now using Fedora
8 and Squid with around 1000 users; i had no problem with previous
versions of Fedora when ip_conntrack was used -- i simply set
ip_conntrack_max = 32768.

Thanks,
Khem