Old 04-03-2008, 09:58 AM
Tom Brown

Default Yum - i386 packages on x86_64

Hi

I need to install some i386 packages onto my x86_64 machine and i wonder
if i can do this with yum? I have configured yum so that it can see both
repo's and i can list the contents of the i386 repo so i wonder where a
package is present in both repo's how do i specify which to install.

i thought

yum install foo --arch=i386 might work but it does not - any ideas ?

thanks

Old 04-03-2008, 10:21 AM
Chris G

On Thu, Apr 03, 2008 at 10:58:35AM +0100, Tom Brown wrote:
> Hi
>
> I need to install some i386 packages onto my x86_64 machine and i wonder if
> i can do this with yum? I have configured yum so that it can see both
> repo's and i can list the contents of the i386 repo so i wonder where a
> package is present in both repo's how do i specify which to install.
>
> i thought
>
> yum install foo --arch=i386 might work but it does not - any ideas ?

Look at the MISC section in 'man yum', it tells you how to specify
package names:-

Specifying package names
A package can be referred to for install,update,list,remove etc
with any of the following:

name
name.arch
name-ver
name-ver-rel
name-ver-rel.arch
name-epoch:ver-rel.arch
epoch:name-ver-rel.arch

For example: yum remove kernel-2.4.1-10.i686

--
Chris Green

Old 04-03-2008, 10:22 AM
Rahul Sundaram

Tom Brown wrote:

Hi

I need to install some i386 packages onto my x86_64 machine and i wonder
if i can do this with yum? I have configured yum so that it can see both
repo's and i can list the contents of the i386 repo so i wonder where a
package is present in both repo's how do i specify which to install.

i thought

yum install foo --arch=i386 might work but it does not - any ideas ?

# yum install foo.arch

Rahul

Old 04-03-2008, 10:33 AM
Tom Brown