Old 02-14-2012, 10:05 PM
Bob Goodwin

Default No sound -

I have two F-16/64 bit computers that have sound problems. The
second one has no sound at all.

I can see sound moving the indicator trace in PA Volume Output
Devices but it does not get to ALSA.

PA sees no sound card at all, just a dummy. PA vol. configuration
has nothing to select.

Neither computer had a sound problem with F-15.

My problems appear to be similar to those of Patrick Dupre.

Alsamixer shows the sound card as "HDA Intel" but it is not "seen"
by PA.

blacklist.conf is:

[bobg@box9 ~]$ cat /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf
#
# Listing a module here prevents the hotplug scripts from
# Usually that'd be so that some other driver will bind it instead,
# no matter which driver happens to get probed first. Sometimes
user
# mode tools can also control driver binding.
#
# Syntax: see modprobe.conf(5).
#

# watchdog drivers
blacklist i8xx_tco

# framebuffer drivers
blacklist aty128fb
blacklist atyfb
blacklist radeonfb
blacklist i810fb
blacklist cirrusfb
blacklist intelfb
blacklist kyrofb
blacklist i2c-matroxfb
blacklist hgafb
blacklist nvidiafb
blacklist rivafb
blacklist savagefb
blacklist sstfb
blacklist neofb
blacklist tridentfb
blacklist tdfxfb
blacklist virgefb
blacklist vga16fb
blacklist viafb

# ISDN - see bugs 154799, 159068
blacklist hisax
blacklist hisax_fcpcipnp

# sound drivers
blacklist snd-pcsp

# I/O dynamic configuration support for s390x (bz #563228)
blacklist chsc_sch

Suggestions?

Bob