Old 04-03-2008, 03:25 AM
"Y Uanlux"

Default convert Fedora 8 X86_64 to i386??

Hi,

I have Fedora 8 installed on a laptop with X86_64 kernel. After a bit runs, I can't see much gain with X86_64 kernel.

I decided to convert it to i386 kernel. what is the reasonable option to do this?

re-install, it is not very hard, as I have two seperate partitions:* /home and /data,* thus, personal data will be preserved.
*

any other ways??

Thanks

Old 04-13-2008, 03:43 AM
David Timms

Y Uanlux wrote:

I can't see much gain with X86_64 kernel.

I decided to convert it to i386 kernel. what is the reasonable option to do
this?

= not supported.
If you search the archives, I think you'll find others that tried.
http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/
or http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.general

DaveT