Old 02-13-2012, 12:52 AM
Alex

Default mod_auth_mysql for fc16?

Hi,

I've just installed a basic fc16 x86_64 system and migrated my
configuration from my old fc15 box. Apache won't start because it is
missing mod_auth_mysql and I can't find this in any repo.

What is the status of this module? Has it been replaced by something else?

Thanks,
Alex

Old 02-14-2012, 09:58 AM
Michael Schwendt

On Sun, 12 Feb 2012 20:52:47 -0500, A (Alex) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've just installed a basic fc16 x86_64 system and migrated my
> configuration from my old fc15 box. Apache won't start because it is
> missing mod_auth_mysql and I can't find this in any repo.
>
> What is the status of this module? Has it been replaced by something else?

Where have you searched for it? Fedora package git says:

http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/gitweb/?p=mod_auth_mysql.git
[ http://bugz.fedoraproject.org/mod_auth_mysql ]
[ http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=828 ]

Old 02-14-2012, 06:59 PM
Alex

>> I've just installed a basic fc16 x86_64 system and migrated my
>> configuration from my old fc15 box. Apache won't start because it is
>> missing mod_auth_mysql and I can't find this in any repo.
>>
>> What is the status of this module? Has it been replaced by something else?
>
> Where have you searched for it? Fedora package git says:
>
> | This package was retired on 2011-07-25 due to it being unable to build
> | this package for multiple releases (FTBFS).
>
> http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/gitweb/?p=mod_auth_mysql.git
> [ http://bugz.fedoraproject.org/mod_auth_mysql ]
> [ http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=828 ]

I've searched only using yum. I've downloaded it as an RPM from one of
the locations you've listed, but why isn't it included with fc16
native? I'd like to make sure I'm receiving any updates, and that it's
an officially supported package.

Thanks,
Alex

Old 02-14-2012, 08:24 PM
Michael Schwendt

On Tue, 14 Feb 2012 14:59:19 -0500, A (Alex) wrote:

> >> I've just installed a basic fc16 x86_64 system and migrated my
> >> configuration from my old fc15 box. Apache won't start because it is
> >> missing mod_auth_mysql and I can't find this in any repo.
> >>
> >> What is the status of this module? Has it been replaced by something else?
> >
> > Where have you searched for it? Fedora package git says:
> >
> > | This package was retired on 2011-07-25 due to it being unable to build
> > | this package for multiple releases (FTBFS).
> >
> > http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/gitweb/?p=mod_auth_mysql.git
> > [ http://bugz.fedoraproject.org/mod_auth_mysql ]
> > [ http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=828 ]
>
> I've searched only using yum. I've downloaded it as an RPM from one of
> the locations you've listed, but why isn't it included with fc16
> native? I'd like to make sure I'm receiving any updates, and that it's
> an officially supported package.

I've explained above why it isn't included with Fedora 16.