FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 04-03-2008, 02:44 AM
Antonio Olivares
 
Default OT: Which OS do the candidates run? republican or democratic hitchhiker?

Dear all,

I put in OT for this one, I saw several discussions about which OS the candidates run. Should it make a difference as to who should get the vote?

http://feedblog.org/2008/02/05/obama-runs-linux-clinton-windows-ron-paul-linux/

http://www.douglaskarr.com/2007/06/23/2008-elections-by-server/

On the first page, Obama runs linux on the second, his campaign runs FreeBSD. Which one is it?


I also got the following message and thought it was interesting. sorry for the way OT, but it is interesting now that politics and OS's are coming into play.

Regards,

Antonio

PS. I hope that I did not open a can of worms and would like for any person that is offended to please ignore this message.

Republican or Democratic Hitchhiker

The guy was traveling along Scottsdale Road the other day when one of his tires blew out.
Checking
his spare, he found that it also was flat. His only option was to flag
down a passing motorist and get a ride to the next town.

The first vehicle to stop was an old man in a van. He yelled out the window, "Need a lift?"

"Yes, I sure do," the guy replied.

"You a Republican or Democrat," asked the old man.

"Republican," he replied.

"Well, you can just go to Hell," yelled the old man as he sped off.

Another guy stopped, rolled down the window, and asked the same question.

Again, he gave the same answer, "Republican."

The driver gave him the finger and drove off.

Thinking
it over, he decided that maybe he should change his strategy, since
this area seemed to be overly political and there appeared to be few
Republicans.

The
next car to stop was a red convertible driven by a beautiful blonde.
She smiled seductively and asked if he was a Republican or a Democrat.

"Democrat!", he shouted.

"Hop in!", replied the blonde.

Driving
down the road, he couldn't help but stare at the gorgeous woman in the
seat next to him, the wind blowing through her hair, perfect breasts,
and a short skirt that continued to ride higher and higher up her
thighs.

Finally, he yelled out, "Please stop the car."

She immediately slammed on the brakes and as soon as the car stopped, the guy jumped out.

"What's the matter?", she asked.

"I can't take it anymore," he replied. "I've only been a Democrat for five minutes and already I want to screw somebody."








__________________________________________________ __________________________________
You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.
http://tc.deals.yahoo.com/tc/blockbuster/text5.com

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 04-03-2008, 01:29 PM
"max bianco"
 
Default OT: Which OS do the candidates run? republican or democratic hitchhiker?

On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 10:44 PM, Antonio Olivares
<olivares14031@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I put in OT for this one, I saw several discussions about which OS the candidates run. Should it make a difference as to who should get the vote?
>
> http://feedblog.org/2008/02/05/obama-runs-linux-clinton-windows-ron-paul-linux/
>
> http://www.douglaskarr.com/2007/06/23/2008-elections-by-server/
>
> On the first page, Obama runs linux on the second, his campaign runs FreeBSD. Which one is it?
>
>
> I also got the following message and thought it was interesting. sorry for the way OT, but it is interesting now that politics and OS's are coming into play.
>
> Regards,
>
> Antonio
>
> PS. I hope that I did not open a can of worms and would like for any person that is offended to please ignore this message.
>
> Republican or Democratic Hitchhiker
>
> The guy was traveling along Scottsdale Road the other day when one of his tires blew out.
> Checking
> his spare, he found that it also was flat. His only option was to flag
> down a passing motorist and get a ride to the next town.
>
> The first vehicle to stop was an old man in a van. He yelled out the window, "Need a lift?"
>
> "Yes, I sure do," the guy replied.
>
> "You a Republican or Democrat," asked the old man.
>
> "Republican," he replied.
>
> "Well, you can just go to Hell," yelled the old man as he sped off.
>
> Another guy stopped, rolled down the window, and asked the same question.
>
> Again, he gave the same answer, "Republican."
>
> The driver gave him the finger and drove off.
>
> Thinking
> it over, he decided that maybe he should change his strategy, since
> this area seemed to be overly political and there appeared to be few
> Republicans.
>
> The
> next car to stop was a red convertible driven by a beautiful blonde.
> She smiled seductively and asked if he was a Republican or a Democrat.
>
> "Democrat!", he shouted.
>
> "Hop in!", replied the blonde.
>
> Driving
> down the road, he couldn't help but stare at the gorgeous woman in the
> seat next to him, the wind blowing through her hair, perfect breasts,
> and a short skirt that continued to ride higher and higher up her
> thighs.
>
> Finally, he yelled out, "Please stop the car."
>
> She immediately slammed on the brakes and as soon as the car stopped, the guy jumped out.
>
> "What's the matter?", she asked.
>
> "I can't take it anymore," he replied. "I've only been a Democrat for five minutes and already I want to screw somebody."
>

I am an independent and I don't care what OS the candidates run as
long as they help straighten out this mess! I doubt in the end that
any of them will do anything useful.

Max

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 04-03-2008, 03:50 PM
"Mark C. Allman"
 
Default OT: Which OS do the candidates run? republican or democratic hitchhiker?

On Thu, 2008-04-03 at 09:29 -0400, max bianco wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 10:44 PM, Antonio Olivares
> <olivares14031@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Dear all,
> >
> > I put in OT for this one, I saw several discussions about which OS the candidates run. Should it make a difference as to who should get the vote?
> >
> > http://feedblog.org/2008/02/05/obama-runs-linux-clinton-windows-ron-paul-linux/
> >
> > http://www.douglaskarr.com/2007/06/23/2008-elections-by-server/
> >
> > On the first page, Obama runs linux on the second, his campaign runs FreeBSD. Which one is it?
> >
> >
> > I also got the following message and thought it was interesting. sorry for the way OT, but it is interesting now that politics and OS's are coming into play.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Antonio
> >
> > PS. I hope that I did not open a can of worms and would like for any person that is offended to please ignore this message.
> >
> > Republican or Democratic Hitchhiker
> >
> > The guy was traveling along Scottsdale Road the other day when one of his tires blew out.
> > Checking
> > his spare, he found that it also was flat. His only option was to flag
> > down a passing motorist and get a ride to the next town.
> >
> > The first vehicle to stop was an old man in a van. He yelled out the window, "Need a lift?"
> >
> > "Yes, I sure do," the guy replied.
> >
> > "You a Republican or Democrat," asked the old man.
> >
> > "Republican," he replied.
> >
> > "Well, you can just go to Hell," yelled the old man as he sped off.
> >
> > Another guy stopped, rolled down the window, and asked the same question.
> >
> > Again, he gave the same answer, "Republican."
> >
> > The driver gave him the finger and drove off.
> >
> > Thinking
> > it over, he decided that maybe he should change his strategy, since
> > this area seemed to be overly political and there appeared to be few
> > Republicans.
> >
> > The
> > next car to stop was a red convertible driven by a beautiful blonde.
> > She smiled seductively and asked if he was a Republican or a Democrat.
> >
> > "Democrat!", he shouted.
> >
> > "Hop in!", replied the blonde.
> >
> > Driving
> > down the road, he couldn't help but stare at the gorgeous woman in the
> > seat next to him, the wind blowing through her hair, perfect breasts,
> > and a short skirt that continued to ride higher and higher up her
> > thighs.
> >
> > Finally, he yelled out, "Please stop the car."
> >
> > She immediately slammed on the brakes and as soon as the car stopped, the guy jumped out.
> >
> > "What's the matter?", she asked.
> >
> > "I can't take it anymore," he replied. "I've only been a Democrat for five minutes and already I want to screw somebody."
> >
>
> I am an independent and I don't care what OS the candidates run as
> long as they help straighten out this mess! I doubt in the end that
> any of them will do anything useful.
>
> Max
>
I got a call from the Mitt Romney campaign about 13 months ago for some
work at the Boston headquarters. They were having trouble finding
Republicans who knew all the open-source software they were using. Most
of the people are younger and therefore Democratic (apparently). As a
project manager that's one of the most unusual constraints and risks
that I've ever heard of.

-- Mark C. Allman, PMP
-- Allman Professional Consulting, Inc.
-- www.allmanpc.com, 617-947-4263

BusinessMsg -- the secure, managed, J2EE/AJAX Enterprise IM/IC solution




--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 04-03-2008, 07:02 PM
"John W. Linville"
 
Default OT: Which OS do the candidates run? republican or democratic hitchhiker?

On Thu, Apr 03, 2008 at 11:50:15AM -0400, Mark C. Allman wrote:

> I got a call from the Mitt Romney campaign about 13 months ago for some
> work at the Boston headquarters. They were having trouble finding
> Republicans who knew all the open-source software they were using. Most
> of the people are younger and therefore Democratic (apparently). As a
> project manager that's one of the most unusual constraints and risks
> that I've ever heard of.

/me wonders how one gets on the "Republican Linux dude" list... :-)

--
John W. Linville
linville@redhat.com

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 04-05-2008, 04:23 AM
Ric Moore
 
Default OT: Which OS do the candidates run? republican or democratic hitchhiker?

On Thu, 2008-04-03 at 09:29 -0400, max bianco wrote:
> I am an independent and I don't care what OS the candidates run as
> long as they help straighten out this mess! I doubt in the end that
> any of them will do anything useful.

True, true, but it would be useful for the next President to have an
Open-Source mindset for a change! Couldn't hurt. Nosirree! Ric

--
================================================
My father, Victor Moore (Vic) used to say:
"There are two Great Sins in the world...
..the Sin of Ignorance, and the Sin of Stupidity.
Only the former may be overcome." R.I.P. Dad.
Linux user# 44256 Sign up at: http://counter.li.org/
http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar
http://www.wayward4now.net <---down4now too
================================================

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 04-06-2008, 01:46 AM
Ric Moore
 
Default OT: Which OS do the candidates run? republican or democratic hitchhiker?

On Sat, 2008-04-05 at 11:05 -0400, max wrote:
> Ric Moore wrote:
> > On Thu, 2008-04-03 at 09:29 -0400, max bianco wrote:
> >> I am an independent and I don't care what OS the candidates run as
> >> long as they help straighten out this mess! I doubt in the end that
> >> any of them will do anything useful.
> >
> > True, true, but it would be useful for the next President to have an
> > Open-Source mindset for a change! Couldn't hurt. Nosirree! Ric
> >
> I sure wouldn't mind if they were using open-source and all other things
> being equal i'd choose a candidate that supported open standards but at
> this point I'd not make it a requirement.

I agree, not a "should", but a personal preference. Just suppose there
were no secrets, everything open and a very clear message that a lie is
reason for immediate dismissal, won't that be peachy? I would vote for
that. Ric

--
================================================
My father, Victor Moore (Vic) used to say:
"There are two Great Sins in the world...
..the Sin of Ignorance, and the Sin of Stupidity.
Only the former may be overcome." R.I.P. Dad.
Linux user# 44256 Sign up at: http://counter.li.org/
http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar
http://www.wayward4now.net <---down4now too
================================================

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 04-07-2008, 05:48 PM
"max bianco"
 
Default OT: Which OS do the candidates run? republican or democratic hitchhiker?

On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 1:24 PM, Bill Davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com> wrote:
> Ric Moore wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 2008-04-03 at 09:29 -0400, max bianco wrote:
> >
> > > I am an independent and I don't care what OS the candidates run as
> > > long as they help straighten out this mess! I doubt in the end that
> > > any of them will do anything useful.
> > >
> >
> > True, true, but it would be useful for the next President to have an
> > Open-Source mindset for a change! Couldn't hurt. Nosirree! Ric
> >
> >
> Hell with mindset, I'd settle for a working *mind*... as one of the online
> cartoons noted, it's a thrill to have a candidate who can speak in complete
> sentences.
>

Actually if they were all mute I think we might be better off. I am
tired of hearing why I shouldn't vote for the other guy, how about
someone gives me a reason to vote for them without slamming the
competition! Now that would be something!!

Max

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 04-07-2008, 06:09 PM
 
Default OT: Which OS do the candidates run? republican or democratic hitchhiker?

>From: max bianco <maximilianbianco@gmail.com>
>Date: 2008/04/07 Mon PM 12:48:46 CDT
>To: For users of Fedora <fedora-list@redhat.com>
>Subject: Re: OT: Which OS do the candidates run? republican or democratic hitchhiker?

>On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 1:24 PM, Bill Davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com> wrote:
>> Ric Moore wrote:
>>
>> > On Thu, 2008-04-03 at 09:29 -0400, max bianco wrote:
>> >
>> > > I am an independent and I don't care what OS the candidates run as
>> > > long as they help straighten out this mess! I doubt in the end that
>> > > any of them will do anything useful.
>> > >
>> >
>> > True, true, but it would be useful for the next President to have an
>> > Open-Source mindset for a change! Couldn't hurt. Nosirree! Ric
>> >
>> >
>> Hell with mindset, I'd settle for a working *mind*... as one of the online
>> cartoons noted, it's a thrill to have a candidate who can speak in complete
>> sentences.
>>
>
>Actually if they were all mute I think we might be better off. I am
>tired of hearing why I shouldn't vote for the other guy, how about
>someone gives me a reason to vote for them without slamming the
>competition! Now that would be something!!
>
>Max
>

Are you hearing this in the context of a presentation by the candidate first hand or as a sound-byte presented by the news media or the oppositions organization?

The two candidates I've heard, spent very little time, tearing down their opposition (though I admit it was there) than they did attempting to present their vision and goals (but not so much the plan, when I heard them).

I am suspicious of the media, these days (especially TV) because they are controlled by business interests who want them to sell air time and nothing draws listeners like controversy (or so they think).

~~R

~~R

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 04-07-2008, 06:38 PM
Del
 
Default OT: Which OS do the candidates run? republican or democratic hitchhiker?

Hey Ric,
Who GARA!?. This is a forum for Fedora period, Go peddle your political fece on the appropriate site ( *.gov).

*
On 4/5/08, Ric Moore <wayward4now@gmail.com> wrote:
On Thu, 2008-04-03 at 09:29 -0400, max bianco wrote:
> I am an independent and I don't care what OS the candidates run as

> long as they help straighten out this mess! I doubt in the end that
> any of them will do anything useful.

True, true, but it would be useful for the next President to have an
Open-Source mindset for a change! Couldn't hurt. Nosirree! Ric


--
================================================
My father, Victor Moore (Vic) used to say:
"There are two Great Sins in the world...
..the Sin of Ignorance, and the Sin of Stupidity.
Only the former may be overcome." R.I.P. Dad.

Linux user# 44256 Sign up at: http://counter.li.org/
http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar
http://www.wayward4now.net**<---down4now too

================================================

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list



--
"Forage the plains of madness, for sanities sustenance"
--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 04-08-2008, 06:53 AM
Ric Moore
 
Default OT: Which OS do the candidates run? republican or democratic hitchhiker?

On Mon, 2008-04-07 at 14:38 -0400, Del wrote:
> Hey Ric,
> Who GARA!?. This is a forum for Fedora period, Go peddle your
> political fece on the appropriate site ( *.gov).

Huh, typical top poster. I seem to attract them all. <sighs> Let's just
take it off list if you wish to make it up close and personal, OK? Let's
see what you're really working with. <huge grin> Ric

--
================================================
My father, Victor Moore (Vic) used to say:
"There are two Great Sins in the world...
..the Sin of Ignorance, and the Sin of Stupidity.
Only the former may be overcome." R.I.P. Dad.
Linux user# 44256 Sign up at: http://counter.li.org/
http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar
http://www.wayward4now.net <---down4now too
================================================

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 02:49 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org