Old 02-11-2012, 03:21 PM
Peter Lesterhuis

Default X won't start in fedora 16

Hi,
When I boot all seems to go well at first. But after the log-in screen a
message pops up: "Oh no! Something has gone wrong" etc. I am advised to
log out and back in again, but the problem occurs every time. The weird
thing is that when I hit the windows-key the ususal X-screensaver
appears. But when I try to launch an application I get an black screen
with the error message again.

When I boot in rescue mode and try to start X it fails.

I vaguely remember having run into this problem before, years ago, but I
don't know how it was solved

Does anyone have a clue?

Peter