Old 04-02-2008, 10:14 PM
Michael Schwendt

Default k3b verify written data fails

This is very unusual and hopefully not another regression in the F8 kernel
updates. :/

Burning an ISO to CD with k3b and choosing "verify written data" here
fails in the MD5 checksum check. This used to work. In fact, I never burn
CDs/DVDs without that option. But it no longer works, although the burnt
image is fine. I can read out the ISO image with "readcd" and get the
expected checksum.

Has anyone else been hit by this, too?

--
Michael Schwendt <mschwendt@fedoraproject.org>
Fedora release 8 (Werewolf) - Linux 2.6.24.3-50.fc8

Old 04-02-2008, 10:35 PM
Konstantin Svist

Michael Schwendt wrote:

This is very unusual and hopefully not another regression in the F8 kernel
updates. :/

Burning an ISO to CD with k3b and choosing "verify written data" here
fails in the MD5 checksum check. This used to work. In fact, I never burn
CDs/DVDs without that option. But it no longer works, although the burnt
image is fine. I can read out the ISO image with "readcd" and get the
expected checksum.

Has anyone else been hit by this, too?

I usually use that option. I noticed that it didn't work for the last CD
I burned - SysRescCD/Clonezilla 2.4.0. I burned 3 copies and all 3 gave
me the md5 error. I assumed there was something about the CD image, but
it's possible this feature is broken...