Old 02-08-2012, 11:27 PM
"n2xssvv.g02gfr12930"

Default Yum and Fedora 16

On 08/02/12 22:36, Pete Travis wrote:

> On Feb 8, 2012 11:50 AM, "n2xssvv.g02gfr12930"
> <n2xssvv.g02gfr12930@ntlworld.com
> <mailto:n2xssvv.g02gfr12930@ntlworld.com>> wrote:

>> > * describe you problem exactly
>> > * describe the packages changing behavior
>> > * describe you hardware
>> >
>> > and first please read your post and think about what you could
>> > do with this informations as a foreigner!
>> >
>> > normally i owuld downgrade all packages introducing the problems
>> > and update them one by one to identifie what triggers the problem
>> >

>> If only I could get repeatable errors! Rest assured I've been
>> persistent, but I've never had this many problems when
>> installing/upgrading a Fedora release. If another Linux distribution can
>> install and upgrade more easily then why should I persist with Fedora?
>> How much time would you be prepared to spend continually trying to
>> update with yum? No offence to anybody, but after persisting with Fedora
>> since Fedora core 2 I'm somewhat disappointed.
>> --
>
> I'm not clear on your problem, so I can only help with questions.
>
> It sounds like you performed a new install from the KDE livecd, on new
> hardware, and while the install succeeded, you are unable to update the
> system. Is this correct?
>
> Are your problems with yum describeable? Did updates ever work?
>
> Have you tried anything besides repeated 'yum update' attempts?
>
> It might be helpful to your potential supporters to have more information.

I have managed to find a more reliable update sequence which i outlined
elsewhere on this thread. It appears to be a yum problem occurs
depending on the update order it implements.

Old 02-09-2012, 02:03 AM
Pete Travis

On Feb 8, 2012 5:27 PM, "n2xssvv.g02gfr12930" <n2xssvv.g02gfr12930@ntlworld.com> wrote:

> On 08/02/12 22:36, Pete Travis wrote:

> > On Feb 8, 2012 11:50 AM, "n2xssvv.g02gfr12930"

> > <n2xssvv.g02gfr12930@ntlworld.com

> > <mailto:n2xssvv.g02gfr12930@ntlworld.com>> wrote:

> >> If only I could get repeatable errors! Rest assured I've been

> >> persistent, but I've never had this many problems when

> >> installing/upgrading a Fedora release. If another Linux distribution can

> >> install and upgrade more easily then why should I persist with Fedora?

> >> How much time would you be prepared to spend continually trying to

> >> update with yum? No offence to anybody, but after persisting with Fedora

> >> since Fedora core 2 I'm somewhat disappointed.

> >> --

> >> Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines

> >> Have a question? Ask away: http://ask.fedoraproject.org

> > I'm not clear on your problem, so I can only help with questions.

> > It sounds like you performed a new install from the KDE livecd, on new

> > hardware, and while the install succeeded, you are unable to update the

> > system. *Is this correct?

> > Are your problems with yum describeable? Did updates ever work?

> > Have you tried anything besides repeated 'yum update' attempts?

> > It might be helpful to your potential supporters to have more information.

> I have managed to find a more reliable update sequence which i outlined

> elsewhere on this thread. It appears to be a yum problem occurs

> depending on the update order it implements.

Ok, glad you got it sorted out.* I was following this thread, but didnt notice that you had started a new one on the same topic.

Old 02-09-2012, 03:10 AM
Ralf Corsepius