Old 02-08-2012, 12:06 PM
Christopher Svanefalk

Default Horizontal workspaces in Gnome3?

Dear all,
does anyone know if there is any way (by plugin or otherwise) to get horizontal workspaces that can have windows stretched across them in Gnome3? This could be done with compiz in Gnome2, and it was a huge part of my Eclipse perspective setups...I miss it, but have not seen any way to work around it.

I know the obvious solution would be to switch to XFCE or LXDE (or equivalent), but before considering that I wanted to see if it can be done in Gnome3, since I overall have started to like it rather well.

Best,
Christopher