Old 04-02-2008, 07:17 PM
Donald Reader

Default Namazu Update Broke

On Wed, 2008-04-02 at 13:52 -0400, Todd Zullinger wrote:
> Donald Reader wrote:
> > I am having dependency hell with the latest Namazu Update
>
> This is known and the fix is waiting to hit the mirrors.
>
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2008-March/msg03025.html

Great then it will just be a matter of time
Thanks for all the responses

Donald

Old 04-03-2008, 01:50 PM
Akira TAGOH

RC> Clear case of a packaging bug (actually a bug in rpm, which adds
RC> introduces bogus Requires).

RC> This namazu package needs to filter out these bogus perl(*) deps inside
RC> of its *.spec file.
RC> cf. http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Perl for details.

No, actually that introduced this breakage on F-7 and
F-8. rpmbuild didn't do anything with __perl_requires and
perl.req picked up more unwanted deps than F-9's. So I'm
reverting those changes to make that better.

I haven't yet compared how much difference between F-7 or
F-8's perl.req and F-9's though, I hope each maintainer or
person in charge who made the important changes in the
packaging policy or so, will backport them to the releases,
still is alive. otherwise which releases is supposed to work
on should be describeed in wiki, anyway.

--
Akira TAGOH

Old 04-03-2008, 02:11 PM
Ralf Corsepius

On Thu, 2008-04-03 at 22:50 +0900, Akira TAGOH wrote:

> RC> Clear case of a packaging bug (actually a bug in rpm, which adds
> RC> introduces bogus Requires).
>
> RC> This namazu package needs to filter out these bogus perl(*) deps inside
> RC> of its *.spec file.
> RC> cf. http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Perl for details.
>
> No, actually that introduced this breakage on F-7 and
> F-8. rpmbuild didn't do anything with __perl_requires and
> perl.req picked up more unwanted deps than F-9's. So I'm
> reverting those changes to make that better.
>
> I haven't yet compared how much difference between F-7 or
> F-8's perl.req and F-9's though, I hope each maintainer or
> person in charge who made the important changes in the
> packaging policy or so, will backport them to the releases,
> still is alive. otherwise which releases is supposed to work
> on should be describeed in wiki, anyway.
There is no change in policy. It's a bug in rpm.

It's simply that the current namazu-package contains these perl scripts:

/usr/share/namazu/filter/apachecache.pl
/usr/share/namazu/filter/bzip2.pl
/usr/share/namazu/filter/compress.pl
/usr/share/namazu/filter/deb.pl
/usr/share/namazu/filter/dvi.pl
/usr/share/namazu/filter/excel.pl
/usr/share/namazu/filter/gnumeric.pl
/usr/share/namazu/filter/gzip.pl
/usr/share/namazu/filter/hdml.pl
/usr/share/namazu/filter/hnf.pl
/usr/share/namazu/filter/html.pl
/usr/share/namazu/filter/koffice.pl
/usr/share/namazu/filter/langspec.txt
/usr/share/namazu/filter/langspec.txt.utf8
/usr/share/namazu/filter/macbinary.pl
/usr/share/namazu/filter/mailnews.pl
/usr/share/namazu/filter/man.pl
/usr/share/namazu/filter/mhonarc.pl
/usr/share/namazu/filter/mp3.pl
/usr/share/namazu/filter/msofficexml.pl
/usr/share/namazu/filter/msword.pl
/usr/share/namazu/filter/ooo.pl
/usr/share/namazu/filter/pdf.pl
/usr/share/namazu/filter/pipermail.pl
/usr/share/namazu/filter/postscript.pl
/usr/share/namazu/filter/powerpoint.pl
/usr/share/namazu/filter/rfc.pl
/usr/share/namazu/filter/rpm.pl
/usr/share/namazu/filter/rtf.pl
/usr/share/namazu/filter/taro.pl
/usr/share/namazu/filter/taro56.pl
/usr/share/namazu/filter/taro7_10.pl
/usr/share/namazu/filter/tex.pl
/usr/share/namazu/filter/visio.pl
/usr/share/namazu/filter/zip.pl
/usr/share/namazu/pl/codeconv.pl
/usr/share/namazu/pl/conf.pl
/usr/share/namazu/pl/document.pl
/usr/share/namazu/pl/filter.pl
/usr/share/namazu/pl/gettext.pl
/usr/share/namazu/pl/gfilter.pl
/usr/share/namazu/pl/htmlsplit.pl
/usr/share/namazu/pl/nmzidx.pl
/usr/share/namazu/pl/seed.pl
/usr/share/namazu/pl/time.pl
/usr/share/namazu/pl/usage.pl
/usr/share/namazu/pl/util.pl
/usr/share/namazu/pl/var.pl
/usr/share/namazu/pl/wakati.pl

... which causes something underneath of rpmbuild to add bogus
Requires: perl(...)
in cases scripts inside of this package uses them.

This bug in rpmbuild has been present for quite a while.

ATM, the only way to work around this issue is to explicitly (manually)
filter these bogus Requires out.

Ralf