Old 02-07-2012, 01:07 AM
Rahul Sundaram

Default F16/Gnome 3 - Recent Documents

> Over the weekend,while traveling, I noticed that I did not know where
> 'Recent Documents' is now.
>
> I would REALLY like a 'Recent Documents' feature....

The journal extension can be useful here

https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/62/journal/

You can see a screenshot here

http://seilo.geekyogre.com/2011/10/gnome-shell-with-a-little-zeitgeist-extension-update/

You need zeitegist installed and running for this to work

https://live.gnome.org/Zeitgeist

# yum install zeitgeist

Rahul

Old 02-07-2012, 01:26 PM
"Paul W. Frields"

On Mon, Feb 06, 2012 at 08:20:38PM -0500, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> Over the weekend,while traveling, I noticed that I did not know
> where 'Recent Documents' is now.
>
> I would REALLY like a 'Recent Documents' feature....

For any apps that use the recent docs integration bits, you can just
type part of their name in the GNOME Shell overview and the document
should appear as a result. I use this quite a bit myself.

Old 02-07-2012, 02:06 PM
Robert Moskowitz