Old 04-02-2008, 04:55 PM
Donald Reader

Default Namazu Update Broke

I am having dependency hell with the latest Namazu Update
Here is what yum is saying

[root@dads ~]# yum update
* skype: download.skype.com
* livna: livna.cat.pdx.edu
* fedora: mirrors.cat.pdx.edu
* adobe-linux-i386: linuxdownload.adobe.com
* updates: mirrors.cat.pdx.edu
skype 100% |=========================| 951 B
00:00
livna 100% |=========================| 2.1 kB
00:00
fedora 100% |=========================| 2.1 kB
00:00
adobe-linux-i386 100% |=========================| 951 B
00:00
updates 100% |=========================| 2.3 kB
00:00
Setting up Update Process
Resolving Dependencies
--> Running transaction check
---> Package namazu.i386 0:2.0.18-1.fc8 set to be updated
--> Processing Dependency: perl(time.pl) for package: namazu
--> Processing Dependency: perl(conf.pl) for package: namazu
--> Processing Dependency: perl(util.pl) for package: namazu
--> Processing Dependency: perl(var.pl) for package: namazu
--> Processing Dependency: perl(nmzidx.pl) for package: namazu
--> Processing Dependency: perl(document.pl) for package: namazu
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: Missing Dependency: perl(time.pl) is needed by package namazu
Error: Missing Dependency: perl(util.pl) is needed by package namazu
Error: Missing Dependency: perl(document.pl) is needed by package namazu
Error: Missing Dependency: perl(nmzidx.pl) is needed by package namazu
Error: Missing Dependency: perl(var.pl) is needed by package namazu
Error: Missing Dependency: perl(conf.pl) is needed by package namazu

Doing a search I found all the files in /usr/share/namazu/pl as can be
seen here
[root@dads ~]# ls /usr/share/namazu/pl
codeconv.pl document.pl gettext.pl htmlsplit.pl seed.pl usage.pl
var.pl
conf.pl filter.pl gfilter.pl nmzidx.pl time.pl util.pl
wakati.pl

any assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated

Thank you
Donald Reader

Old 04-02-2008, 05:20 PM
Ralf Corsepius

On Wed, 2008-04-02 at 09:55 -0700, Donald Reader wrote:
> I am having dependency hell with the latest Namazu Update
> Here is what yum is saying
>
> [root@dads ~]# yum update
> * skype: download.skype.com
> * livna: livna.cat.pdx.edu
> * fedora: mirrors.cat.pdx.edu
> * adobe-linux-i386: linuxdownload.adobe.com
> * updates: mirrors.cat.pdx.edu
> skype 100% |=========================| 951 B
> 00:00
> livna 100% |=========================| 2.1 kB
> 00:00
> fedora 100% |=========================| 2.1 kB
> 00:00
> adobe-linux-i386 100% |=========================| 951 B
> 00:00
> updates 100% |=========================| 2.3 kB
> 00:00
> Setting up Update Process
> Resolving Dependencies
> --> Running transaction check
> ---> Package namazu.i386 0:2.0.18-1.fc8 set to be updated
> --> Processing Dependency: perl(time.pl) for package: namazu
> --> Processing Dependency: perl(conf.pl) for package: namazu
> --> Processing Dependency: perl(util.pl) for package: namazu
> --> Processing Dependency: perl(var.pl) for package: namazu
> --> Processing Dependency: perl(nmzidx.pl) for package: namazu
> --> Processing Dependency: perl(document.pl) for package: namazu
> --> Finished Dependency Resolution
> Error: Missing Dependency: perl(time.pl) is needed by package namazu
> Error: Missing Dependency: perl(util.pl) is needed by package namazu
> Error: Missing Dependency: perl(document.pl) is needed by package namazu
> Error: Missing Dependency: perl(nmzidx.pl) is needed by package namazu
> Error: Missing Dependency: perl(var.pl) is needed by package namazu
> Error: Missing Dependency: perl(conf.pl) is needed by package namazu
>
> Doing a search I found all the files in /usr/share/namazu/pl as can be
> seen here
> [root@dads ~]# ls /usr/share/namazu/pl
> codeconv.pl document.pl gettext.pl htmlsplit.pl seed.pl usage.pl
> var.pl
> conf.pl filter.pl gfilter.pl nmzidx.pl time.pl util.pl
> wakati.pl
>
> any assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated
Clear case of a packaging bug (actually a bug in rpm, which adds
introduces bogus Requires).

This namazu package needs to filter out these bogus perl(*) deps inside
of its *.spec file.
cf. http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Perl for details.

Ralf

Old 04-02-2008, 05:35 PM
Donald Reader

On Wed, 2008-04-02 at 19:20 +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> Clear case of a packaging bug (actually a bug in rpm, which adds
> introduces bogus Requires).
>
> This namazu package needs to filter out these bogus perl(*) deps inside
> of its *.spec file.
> cf. http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Perl for details.
>
> Ralf

Thank you for the response and I have no clue
how to package up any program (on long list of
learn todo list) I guess I will have to continue
to use the --exclude=namazu option until the package
if fixed.

Thank you
Donald Reader

Old 04-02-2008, 05:52 PM
Todd Zullinger

Donald Reader wrote:
> I am having dependency hell with the latest Namazu Update

This is known and the fix is waiting to hit the mirrors.

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2008-March/msg03025.html