Old 04-02-2008, 02:08 PM
Joel Andres Granados

Default correctly close nfs mounts when we shutdown

Hey list:

Was doing some work for rhel4 (#208103) in the loader department and was wondering if the idea of putting it into rawhide would be a good one. The basic idea is to add some function to tell the nfs server that we no longer need the shared directory. In the case of the rhel4 patch, I used the nfs_umount_rpc_call function from the util-linux rhel4 package.
Haven't gone into detail on rawhide or rhel5 and before I do, I would like some feedback from the community. specially since we did some mount changes in the installer. I really doubt that that would affect the init script, but I could be wrong.

So: How relevant do you think closing the nfs mount at shutdown is?
patch attached. (the rhel4 one)

--
Joel Andres Granados
Red Hat / Brno, Czech Republic