-   -   VMWare on Fedora 8 (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/628-vmware-fedora-8-a.html)

Michael Eager 11-19-2007 03:59 PM

VMWare on Fedora 8

Greg Sieranski wrote:

The work around was to set VMWARE_USE_SHIPPED_GTK=no. This allowed me to
open up images I had previously created. Now when I tried to start up
the images I would get the "Version mismatch with vmmon module:
expecting 167.0, got 161.0". So I tried reinstalling vmware and not
running the any-any-update114 patch. Now, I do not get the version
mismatch error but my system just locks up and I have to hold down the
power button to reboot.

I tried downgrading to VMWare Workstation 6.0.0 and applying the
any-any-update114 but my system still locks up.

I have the similar behavior. The keyboard and mouse respond,
and I can type into a terminal window, but no commands execute.
Eventually, the system hangs completely.

I wasn't able to find any patches for Workstation 6.x on the VMWare
website. Can you send me a link?

--
Michael Eager eager@eagercon.com
1960 Park Blvd., Palo Alto, CA 94306 650-325-8077