Old 02-01-2012, 07:12 AM
James Wilkinson

Default adios flash, watch youtube videos in html5

Tom Horsley wrote:
> So if you have to opt in to this, what have I been watching
> videos with on my phone? It is android 2.2, and doesn't have
> flash, yet youtube has been working fine.

Android has its own Youtube app which doesn’t need Flash (since both
Android and Youtube are Google products, this isn’t surprising).

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.google.android.youtube&feature=sear ch_result
mentions:
The latest version of the official YouTube app, now with in-page
playback!
which means that it would look just like Flash.

James.

--
E-mail: james@ | Which do you consider was the stronger swimmer,
aprilcottage.co.uk | (a) The Spanish Armadillo,

Old 02-01-2012, 06:37 PM
Rockinghorse Winner

Using GoogleChrome *16.0.912.77, html5 video plays. Have not spent time with
it so can't comment on cpu usage, memory, quality compared with flash, but
will do so when time permits. Finally, is the end of Adobe Flash just around
the corner? One can only hope.

Terry

Old 02-07-2012, 01:10 AM
edik landave

Epiphany also supports it very well. Install it if your Firefox doesn't work with it. I have it on my children boxes & working well

I also hope it'll be the end of it.

Edik