Old 04-01-2008, 09:28 PM
"charles f. zeitler"

Default gorged harddrive & du

--- "charles f. zeitler" <cfzeitler@yahoo.com> wrote:

> i've been pruning my "downloads" disk,
> rather drastically, and not making a dent.
>
> today some more, less drastic but still
> hefty, same result.
>
> revisited du- checked it twice - three
> times- yup, it reports one directory at
> 800+ gb- on a 400gb disk!

thanks to those who pointed out some details on du...
i tried du -s & got consistent results as with df.
apparently i was not pruning as much as i thought,
due to the way azureus handles sparse files, as
some kindly pointed out.

time to whip ou8t the pruing shears!

thanks all, for your help.

charles zeitler