Old 04-01-2008, 03:59 PM
Arch Willingham

Default How to get Wireless work with Radius server and WPA-TKIP

This is one issue with Linux I have never had any luck in tackling on my own. We use a Microsoft IAS radius server to authenticate our wireless clients before they can connect via WPA-TKIP (EAP type is protected EAP (PEAP) and then EAP-MSCHAP). To complicate it further, before the windows clients connect, they have to import a certificate that we supply.

All of my Linux clients are using FC8 with Ndiswrapper.

Can anyone shed any light on where to start?

Thanks!

Arch

Old 04-01-2008, 04:09 PM
Mike

Arch Willingham <arch <at> tuparks.com> writes:

> Can anyone shed any light on where to start?

I found that the key was to use wpa_supplicant but it was important to get
the network block in wpa_supplicant.conf correct. The network block that I
use is:

network={
ssid="eduroam"
scan_ssid=1
proto=WPA RSN
key_mgmt=WPA-EAP
eap=PEAP
pairwise=CCMP TKIP
identity="myusername@york.ac.uk"
password="mypassword"
ca_cert="/etc/pki/tls/cert.pem"
subject_match="/C=GB/L=York/O=University of York/OU=Computing
Service/OU=Terms of use at www.verisign.co.uk/rpa (c)05/OU=Authenticated by
VeriSign/OU=Member, VeriSign Trust Network/CN=nasaaa1.york.ac.uk"
phase2="auth=MSCHAPV2"
# priority=5
}

The radius server that authenticates this seems to the essentially what you are
working with so maybe an analogous block to the above may help?

Old 04-01-2008, 05:48 PM
Arch Willingham

Thanks so much!