Old 04-01-2008, 06:04 AM
"Mick M."

Default firefox bookmarks and highlighting messed up

Hi;
as a normal user FireFox is being weird.
My bookmarks are setup so that my folders are at the top.

I import my bookmarks as a file.
Works great.
I exit and restart FF, my bookmark folders are gone.
They are actually very very skinny and not labeled.
If I put a "New Seperator" above the "personal toolbar folder", they
come back.
Then the cycle repeats.

Also when I visit a page the links are not colored after I visit them.
I have checked preferences->-content-colors and nothing makes a
difference.

[mick@localhost ~]$ su -
Password:
[root@localhost ~]# rpm -qa firefox*
firefox-devel-2.0.0.13
-1.fc8
firefox-2.0.0.13-1.fc8
[root@localhost ~]# uname -a
Linux localhost.localdomain 2.6.24.3-50.fc8 #1 SMP Thu Mar 20 14:47:10
EDT 2008 i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux
[root@localhost ~]#

Any help appreciated.

Mick M.

Death before Decaf!!!

Old 04-01-2008, 05:14 PM
"Scott (angrykeyboarder)"

Mick M. spake thusly:

> Hi;
> as a normal user FireFox is being weird.
> My bookmarks are setup so that my folders are at the top.
>
> I import my bookmarks as a file.
> Works great.
> I exit and restart FF, my bookmark folders are gone. They are actually
> very very skinny and not labeled. If I put a "New Seperator" above the
> "personal toolbar folder", they come back.
> Then the cycle repeats.

I've had that happen before, but not in quite a while. After a while it
somehow fixed itself.

Meanwhile, check this out:

http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Lost+Bookmarks

> Total Access, No Cost.

No thanks, I'll stick with Netflix.

--
Scott
http://angrykeyboarder.com

Old 04-02-2008, 06:13 AM
"Mick M."

--- "Scott (angrykeyboarder)" <geekboy@angrykeyboarder.com> wrote:

> Mick M. spake thusly:
>
> > Hi;
> > as a normal user FireFox is being weird.
> > My bookmarks are setup so that my folders are at the top.
> >
> > I import my bookmarks as a file.
> > Works great.
> > I exit and restart FF, my bookmark folders are gone. They are
> actually
> > very very skinny and not labeled. If I put a "New Seperator" above
> the
> > "personal toolbar folder", they come back.
> > Then the cycle repeats.
> >

> I've had that happen before, but not in quite a while. After a while
> it
> somehow fixed itself.
>
> Meanwhile, check this out:
>
> http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Lost+Bookmarks

Hi Scott;
thanks for the reply.
I tried all the options in the link, still broken.

I fire up FF no bookmark folders.
Bookmarks->organize
Delete the seperator above "Personal Toolbar Folder"
Immediately put it back.
Exit and the bookmarks folders are back.

Mick M.

Death before Decaf!!!