Old 03-31-2008, 03:51 PM
"Mark Ryden"

Default Cannot play .flv files with gmplayer (whereas with mplayer it is ok)

Frank,
Great ! This solved the problem !

Now I try to pause the video and drag the bar
to the middle of the file and press the "pause" toggle again ; it
resumes exactly from the point
I paused !
The main reason I want to use gmplayer is to be able to pause and move
forward again.

Is this solvable ?

Should I replace/configure the gmplayer interface somehow ?

Any help will be appreicated!

Regards,
Mark

Old 04-01-2008, 05:27 AM
Ric Moore

On Mon, 2008-03-31 at 18:51 +0300, Mark Ryden wrote:
> Frank,
> Great ! This solved the problem !
>
> Now I try to pause the video and drag the bar
> to the middle of the file and press the "pause" toggle again ; it
> resumes exactly from the point
> I paused !
> The main reason I want to use gmplayer is to be able to pause and move
> forward again.
>
> Is this solvable ?
>
> Should I replace/configure the gmplayer interface somehow ?
>

> Any help will be appreicated!

You might wish to give xine a try. gmplayer always faulted at some point
whenever I used it. It happened enough that I finally gave up on it. Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar

Old 04-01-2008, 06:35 AM
Tim

On Tue, 2008-04-01 at 01:27 -0400, Ric Moore wrote:
> gmplayer always faulted at some point whenever I used it. It happened
> enough that I finally gave up on it.

I found the GUI versions of MPlayer very easy to crash, and the command
line version to be much more stable.

important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.

Old 04-01-2008, 10:08 AM
"Mark Ryden"

Sorry
Does xine on FC8 plays flv files ?

I have xine on fc8 from rpm.

My xine does not play .flv files.

Should I install some plugin maybe ?

Mark

Old 04-01-2008, 10:22 AM
"Nicolae Ghimbovschi"

Install the win32 codecs.

You can download them from http://www.mplayerhq.hu/design7/dload.html
from "Binary Codec Packages" section.

Unpack the archive into /usr/lib/codecs.

I'm not sure if this is the right solution, but it might work.

> On Tue, 2008-04-01 at 01:27 -0400, Ric Moore wrote:

> *> gmplayer always faulted at some point whenever I used it. It happened

> *> enough that I finally gave up on it.

> *I found the GUI versions of MPlayer very easy to crash, and the command

> *line version to be much more stable.

> *--

> *(This computer runs FC7, my others run FC4, FC5 & FC6, in case that's

> * important to the thread.)

> *Don't send private replies to my address, the mailbox is ignored.

> *I read messages from the public lists.

> *--

> *fedora-list mailing list

> *fedora-list@redhat.com

*Be the change you want to see in the world !

Old 04-02-2008, 08:40 AM
"Mark Ryden"

Nicolae,
Thanks!

I tried it now.
It gave "unsupported codec'.
Also trying to put the codecs unde /usr/local/lib/codecs instead of
usr/lib/codecs did not help.

Any help will be apprecaited.

Regards,
Mark

Old 04-02-2008, 08:52 AM
"Nicolae Ghimbovschi"

I checked what codec xine was using while playing a flv file.
It was ffmpeg.
So, in order xine to be able to play .flv's install ffmpeg and ffmpeg-libs

as root:
# yum install ffmpeg ffmpeg-libs

Cheers !

Old 04-02-2008, 09:05 AM
"Nicolae Ghimbovschi"

I'm sorry,
I'm using xine from the livna repository.
It plays flv's.

If your xine is not from livna, do the following steps, all as root:

1) remove xine
# yum remove xine

2) install livna repository

# rpm -ihv http://livna-dl.reloumirrors.net/fedora/8/i386/livna-release-8-1.noarch.rpm

3) install xine from the livna repository

# yum install xine xine-lib-extras-nonfree

Old 04-02-2008, 09:33 AM
"Mark Ryden"

Hello,

I'm sorry.
It did not work !

rpm -q xine
xine-0.99.5-1.lvn8

rpm -qa | grep ffmpeg
ffmpeg-libs-0.4.9-0.41.20071011.lvn8
ffmpeg-0.4.9-0.41.20071011.lvn8

This says that I have xine and ffmpeg and fmpeg-libs from livna.

Any ideas ?

Does it work in your linux ?

Regards
Mark

Old 04-02-2008, 10:16 AM
"Nicolae Ghimbovschi"

Yes, in my linux it works.

Could you check if you have xine-lib-1.1.11-1.fc8 installed