Old 03-31-2008, 11:51 AM
Pedro Freire

Default apache - bad request

Hi list,

don't know if this was already answered. If so ... sorry

I installed Fedora 8 with apache running.

What is happening is that I can access the Apache Fedora test page if I use "localhost" as the address, BUT if I use 127.0.0.1 (or it's LAN IP) I receive a Bad Request "Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand."

Any idea why ?

This happens right after installation, without changing any config file.

Old 03-31-2008, 01:20 PM
Pedro Freire

my hosts file is by default:

127.0.0.1************** server1 localhost.localdomain localhost

::1************ localhost6.localdomain6 localhost6

On Mon, 2008-03-31 at 12:51 +0100, Pedro Freire wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> don't know if this was already answered. If so ... sorry
>
> I installed Fedora 8 with apache running.
>
> What is happening is that I can access the Apache Fedora test page if
> I use "localhost" as the address, BUT if I use 127.0.0.1 (or it's LAN
> IP) I receive a Bad Request "Your browser sent a request that this
> server could not understand."
>
> Any idea why ?
>
> This happens right after installation, without changing any config
> file.

I would check the localhost line in your /etc/host file.
Greatness is a transitory experience. It is never consistent.

Old 03-31-2008, 01:45 PM
Aaron Konstam

Old 04-26-2008, 07:17 AM
bulkmania

to fix this problem just type: yum remove mod_security

https://fcp.surfsite.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=259295&topic_id=54671&forum= 10#forumpost259295
If you think, this is spam, please report this to webmaster@fcp.surfsite.org and/or blame bulkmania@dainet.ro.